Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Ranked as a Top 25 Employer to work for by LinkedIn, Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25 billion in FY2016, our 144,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Schneider Electric has an exciting opportunity for YOU to join the Equipment & Transformers business unit as a Industrial Engineer reporting to the Industrial Engineering Manager
Support the Industrial Performance Manager on a day to day basis and lead the implementation of improvement projects to ensure the company's products are produced at the required quality levels and as efficiently as possible in line with Schneider Production Systems (SPS) philosophy, also assisting with the day-to-day function of the Production Engineering department.
· Contribute to the development of new products (manufacturability, feasibility) Pilots new productions ramp-up in her/his sector. Propose the organisation to implement new project (or increase / decrease volume of production) to optimise DVC & MBC costs
· Continual analysis and improvement of assembly and manufacturing techniques through bench-marking, eliminating waste, eliminating any potential customer product quality issues and to meet the recommendations of any Health and Safety / Environmental / Energy risk assessments & impacts. To include developing layouts/project plans, procurement and/or design of tooling/jigs/ fixtures, the sourcing of cost effective external services and to lead the implementation of any such projects.
· Conduct Work Measurement/Method Studies against new and existing tasks to establish time estimates, measure operator performance and ensure that the most effective Manufacturing and Assembly techniques. Identification of the lost times and deduce unidentified times to be reduced.
· Write operator work instructions: JBS (Job breakdown sheet) and OWS (Operating Work Standard), including level 1 and 2 maintenance
· Develop significant Capex proposals and successfully project manage the implementation for any projects/plant/ tooling, etc., which may be required to improve the efficiency, or reduce the costs of manufacture/assembly processes ensuring that health and safety regulations are accounted for.
· Support/facilitate a number of Kaizen improvement and provide advise, components/parts, external information, PC training, financial assistance /justifications and presentation packages to ensure the groups operate as effectively as possible.
· Ensure the implementation of SPS principles and developing methods and tools 6 Sigma, Lean Mfg, MPH
· In coordination with quality and engineering team, lead PFMEA and the implementation of poka yoke and Jidoka
· Manage continuous improvement for line architectures, internal & external resources
· Project manages significant cost reduction /process improvement projects leading a cross functional team against the business objectives.
· SAP, Autocad, Access database experience
· HND in Engineering / Equivalent
· Strong background in Lean Manufacturing , Stores experience
· Good IT skills (macro, Access, VBA)
· Leadership skills, proactive, and able to achieve targets, enthusiastic, high motivation
· Strong communications skills
· Previous Industrial Engineering experience within a team or in a similar role
· Degree in Industrial Engineering
· Production experience
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About Schneider Electric
Groupe industriel français fondé en 1838 par les frères Schneider, le groupe Schneider est renommé Schneider Electric en 1999 soulignant ainsi son expertise dans le domaine de l’électricité. Ses activités reparties entre la distribution électrique, l’automatisme et contrôles industriels, l’énergie sécurisée et les automatismes du bâtiment lui ont permis de dégager un chiffre d’affaires de 23,6 milliards d’euros en 2013.
En plus de son siège social situé à Rueil-Malmaison, la direction est répartie sur deux autres pôles, l’un à North Andover aux Etats-Unis, le second à Hong Kong. En 170 ans d’existence, Schneider Electric a su étendre son expertise à l’international et vend ses produits sur quatre marchés principaux : bâtiment, industrie, énergie-infrastructure et résidentiel.
Entreprise innovante et responsable, parmi les principaux clients du groupe se trouve : les infrastructures pétrolières, la Marine, les tableautiers mais aussi les constructeurs de machines et d’équipements. La philosophie du groupe : Make the most of your Energy.