The Framingham Engineering, Projects & Controls organization is responsible for providing
Engineering support to organizations on the Framingham campus. This organization is
comprised of 3 groups: Engineering, Commissioning and Qualification and Projects and
The Framingham Engineering, Projects & Controls organization will be supporting the
following groups at the Framingham campus: (1) Framingham Biologics - comprised of
commercial Fabrazyme, Thyrogen and Global Cell Banking operations. (2) Framingham
Facilities Operations - responsible for campus wide facilities and utilities operations per
established Service Level Agreements and (3) Framingham Campus - in the context of
programs/projects requiring approval, planning and execution across the Sanofi groups on the
Framingham campus. While each business has its own Engineering support group, the
Framingham Engineering, Projects and Controls organization will interact with all of these
groups on projects/programs with campus impact.
This organization is responsible for providing Engineering support for all cGMP process and
utility systems at Framingham Biologics, maintaining these systems in a validated state of
control and ensuring uninterrupted business continuity. This organization is also responsible
for shared GMP systems on the Framingham campus as defined by Service Level
Agreements. The Capital Projects group is responsible for the planning and execution of
projects and programs under its scope as determined by budget and other pre-established
criteria, ensuring projects/programs are completed to established schedules and budget. The
Commissioning and Qualification groups will be responsible for providing C&Q support to
systems and projects/programs within the scope of this organization.
This position, with general guidance, leads the engineering support of manufacturing,
maintenance and capital projects. It also develops, organizes, analyzes and presents
interpretation of results for operational issues or engineering projects of small scope and
· Execute projects of small scope and complexity with minimal supervision.
· Interpret and execute policies and procedures. Recommend modifications to operating policies.
· Lead/participate with a small group of engineers and/or technicians on an ongoing or
· project basis.
· Actively participate and provide input and feedback for the Sanofi Safety Program to
· meet Health and Safety regulations and OSHA requirements in all duties.
· Function as a technical resource on equipment and systems; such as leading
· troubleshooting of operations, developing preventative maintenance procedures, and
· maintaining engineering documentation.
· Routinely audit the operational performance and regulatory compliance of a large
· number of highly complex equipment components or systems.
· Lead efforts with manufacturing, process development, facilities, quality assurance
· and other departments in developing requirements and recommendations for system
· Execute tasks, under the direction of project managers, to complete design,
· engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification for projects within
· schedule and budget constraints.
· Coordinate limited portions of the work of consultants, and engineering firms on
· development of standard design documents.
· Develop small to intermediate project scopes, schedules and budgets.
· Obtain and critique quotes for system/facility modifications and work with the vendor
· to execute.
· Lead initiatives and/or small projects.
· Demonstrate skills in the following areas:
· Schedule development
· Basic project management
· Completion and follow-up
· Utilize quality systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Partner with peers, team members, direct and indirect management chain to ensure
· the following:
· Training plan execution
· Ensure Inspection Readiness of assigned areas
· Participate in timely completion of investigations, deviations and CAPA
· Provide support for documentation changes
· Develop and manage change controls
· Comply with requirements from Sanofi's Safety Program including Health and Safety
· regulations and OSHA requirements.
*Key responsibilities may differ among employees with the same job title and may change
over time, in accordance with business needs.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and
ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all
of our products and services. This includes:
· Adhering to all applicable laws and regulations of the places in which we conduct
· business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
· Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
· Constantly striving to make Sanofi a great place to work, and a company respected
· for the quality of its people and products.
· Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly and
· honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 2-5 years of relevant work experience with 2+
· years of experience in Bio-Pharmaceuticals, or Master's with 2-4 years of relevant
· work experience with 1+ years of experience in Bio-Pharmaceuticals.
· Direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. CGMP, OSHA, EPA).
· Working knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech processes.
· Working knowledge of specialized equipment/processes.
· General knowledge of Commissioning and Qualification
· Effectively interact with a variety of communication and working styles.
· Ability to independently determine when additional internal/external resources are
· required to solve problems. General understanding of Quality Systems.
· General knowledge of other related disciplines.
· General understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories and
· concepts in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical field.
· Demonstrated skills in the following areas:
· Problem solving and applied engineering
· Basic technical report writing
Special Working Conditions
· Ability to gown and gain entry to manufacturing areas.
· Required to support manufacturing operations on an “on call” 24/7 basis.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Genzyme Glassdoor: #GD-SG
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.