Description de l'offre
Sanofi Molecular Oncology is seeking a highly motivated and talented PhD scientist for the position of Post Doc, based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. The successful candidate will identify proteins amenable to targeted protein degradation and will generate tools to examine the functional roles of these proteins in a cellular context. The project will focus on oncology-relevant targets and will involve close collaboration with the chemical Biology, Biochemistry and Bioinformatics groups. The candidate should have a PhD in a relevant area (biochemistry, molecular/cellular biology) and have an interest in the field of oncology and proteasomal degradation.
Position Overview/ Key Responsibilities :
· Works as part of a research team to identify and validate key drivers in oncology, amenable to protein degradation
· Develops and optimizes methods to test protein degradation in a cellular context
· Collaborates closely with colleagues in other functional areas (i.e. Chemical Biology, Biochemistry and Bioinformatics)
· Independently designs, performs and interprets experiments
· Summarizes data by writing procedures/protocols and generating presentation material
· Presents data and experimental designs internally (at lab, group and global project team meetings) and externally (at international conferences)
· Compiles and publishes first-author publications
Basic Qualifications :
· Ph.D. from an accredited university in molecular biology or biochemistry with emphasis in oncology
· Extensive hands-on expertise in cell culture and standard molecular biology methods (including siRNA, shRNA and CRISPR/Cas9)
· Proven track record of expertise in oncology, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications in a high-quality journal
· Ability to work in cross-disciplinary teams to generate hypothesize and validate them
· Motivated, detail-oriented, with a passion for science
· Ability to drive and develop the project independently
· Excellent communication and record keeping skills
· Ability to work in a high-pace and dynamic scientific environment
· Must have US work authorization
· Expertise in molecular cloning, including CRISPR knock-out/knock-in strategies
· Previous experience in targeted protein degradation
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life