The Immuno-Oncology Therapeutic Area is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to work on the discovery and validation of novel immune-modulatory receptors as potential therapeutic targets for solid tumors. The position is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
· Work as part of a research team to elucidate disease mechanisms with the goal of developing novel cancer immunotherapy
· Identify targets and biological contexts (e.g., T or B-cell repertoire, immune phenotypes, copy number, mutational, or expression signatures) in which therapies are likely to be beneficial by mining immune, genetic, genomic or screening data
· Independently develop testable hypothesis, design and execute in vitro experiments and analyze and interpret data
· Document all observations, experimental designs/protocols and experimental findings/interpretations in a timely manner
· Produce high impact publications in peer-reviewed journals
· Present findings at internal and external scientific meetings
· Recent Ph.D. (0-3 years) from an accredited university in Immunology, Immuno-Oncology or related disciplines
· Solid track record of independent research accomplishments as demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals
· First-hand experience at analyzing and integrating publicly or commercially available genetic, genomic, and immune datasets with novel experimental data to identify testable hypotheses
· Experience in immune cell isolation and monitoring of functional cellular responses using standard immune assays and flow-based approached
· Must be highly collaborative and be able to work effectively in a matrix environment
· Must have US work authorization
· Training in computational, statistical, biophysics, or bioinformatics related fields is highly desired
· Working knowledge of murine tumor models, including isolation and characterization of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes, cytokine measurements and other relevant techniques is preferred
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.