Data Privacy Officer
About the Opportunity
As a Data Privacy Officer you will have a critical role that oversees all activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to policies and procedures covering privacy and personal data protection within the UK & Ireland. This ensures that we can live up to of our purpose of delivering & supporting impactful solutions that drive actions to empower life.
You will become a part of an experienced team with a wide variety of skills provides the perfect platform for on the job development. With a wide variety of opportunities to work on different projects you will be recognised across the business for providing solutions to today’s business problems. This is rewarded with an attractive salary and excellent benefits.
About Sanofi Business Unit
Become part of the Business Operations & Support team that support all aspects of business intelligence from primary and secondary research, CRM, analytics and performance reporting, multi-channel capabilities and event management. This role will help shape the direction of travel for all of our data needs to retain our competitive edge whilst remaining compliant. We are active within the British Healthcare Business Intelligence Association (BHBIA) and are proud winners of multiple Best of Business Intelligence (BOBI) awards over the last couple of years.
Maintain a complaint local privacy environment
· Conducting periodic risk assessments and response plans.
· Identify and monitor the local privacy and data protection legal and regulatory requirements that affect the Country operations.
· In coordination with the compliance officer ensure that the yearly compliance training plan covers privacy and data protection hot topics.
· Contribute to the development of training material and its presentation.
Process & Risk Management
· Perform, with relevant support functions e.g. legal, IS, risk‐based evaluation of business projects, based on privacy and personal data treatment.
· Facilitate cooperation between privacy authority and the local entity.
· Develop and implement local data privacy procedures that define local roles and responsibilities in order to ensure that the Country operations establish and maintain privacy and data protection mechanisms.
· Review policies and SOP to ensure appropriate description of data privacy aspect if required.
Data Stewardship and Master Data Management
· Responsibility for the integrity, quality and record keeping for all existing account/customer mappings
· Ongoing review and maintenance of all accounts, customer hierarchies and product groupings across multiple IT platforms.
· Identify and rectifying mapping issues in current solutions including reviewing and acting on exception reports.
· Mapping of all new accounts and products for the relevant GBU CRM systems and their interdependencies in a timely manner aligned with Service Level Agreements.
· Wholesaler data source management.
· Data Warehouse data integrity checking.
To excel in this role you will need to have:
· Appreciation and up to date knowledge of data privacy laws within the UK & Ireland.
· Attention to detail and strong analysis skills to identify root cause.
· Product and market analysis skills with the ability interpret complex business data to derive insight.
· Excellent IT and analytical techniques (Excel, Access, SQL, Business Objects and similar experience in working with complex databases).
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Proven track record in a Business Intelligence/ Systems/ Data Privacy/Analytics role.
· Experience in the pharmaceuticalindustry.
It would be advantageous to have (not essential):
· Experience with key data sources such as IMS in-market sales data and Customer Relationship Management data desirable.
· Educated to degree level or equivalent.
What Sanofi can offer you
· A role where you are instrumental to creating best practice and as the organisation grows, you can too.
· We offer a generous package including flexible benefits, and are committed to helping you have a healthy work-life balance throughout your career with us.
· The role can be based in our offices in Guildford, Oxford, or Maidenhead. Moving to Reading in June 2019.
· This is a full time role and we support flexible working.
Empower Life Everyday
At Sanofi we work across human health from vaccines to rare diseases, and consumer healthcare. This creates opportunities to work across different areas to build a diverse and exciting career. Sanofi has the capabilities and resources to support your aspirations to fulfill your ambitions and be the best you can be.
Our purpose at Sanofi is to work passionately every day to understand and solve healthcare needs of people across the world. Our ambition is by 2025, to be a top 3 innovative, global and diversified human healthcare company. One that embraces transformative technologies and is focused on its area of excellence, which means we’re not there to try to solve everybody’s problems. We want to focus on those areas where we know we are making a difference.
The values we are live by are teamwork, courage, respect and integrity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.