Playing a role among a group of physicians and scientists across the entire Oncology portfolio of compounds. This may include:
· Leading a segment of the Clinical Program (resource allocation, clinical plan, and timelines).
· Work with research and other experts to develop robust first in man and proof of concept clinical plans
· Integrating and interpreting clinical data across studies, and contributing significantly to the formulation of recommendations for response to evolving clinical, regulatory, commercial data across functions.
· Providing recognized scientific leadership in Oncology.
· Offering technical leadership in Oncology to other functions as well as Global Marketing Pharmacovigilance and the Clinical Research Unit.
· Work closely with internal and external partners in creating and communicating a vision for a Clinical Program that generates excitement and commitment for the Molecular Oncology program, the unique compound(s) assigned to and its life cycle management.
· Designing, implementing, and interpreting creative clinical trials whose outcomes define usage of the drug and create opportunities for a commercially successful product.
· Building a reputation that drives innovators to bring their ideas to Sanofi
· Assist in making a clear case of the potential rewards and inherent risks and major go/no go points for each compound.
· Seeing beyond Oncology to see synergies in other therapeutic areas and/or offer insights.
· Developing and implementing worldwide clinical research and development programs for therapeutic area including the strategic focus and logistics.
· Creating strategies to guide the development of a compound from discovery to development to regulatory agencies to business launch and life cycle management.
· Interfacing with Global Marketing and the commercial organizations to maximize life cycle opportunities for products within her/his assigned area.
· MD degree
· Oncology fellowship or 5+ years’ experience in Oncology
· 3+ years Industry experience or academic clinical research experience
· Experience with targeted oncology therapies
· Expertise in medicine, oncology and pharmaceutical medicine
· Be a recognized clinical expert (with scientific /medical recognition) who has demonstrated ability to interact productively with and attract top external investigators
· Prior significant responsibility for creating and driving a clinical plan
· Demonstrated leadership of a team of clinical scientists and administrative staff in accomplishment of a timely & effective clinical plan
· Demonstrated ability to drive project milestones and work with a global product team with key functional groups
· Prior contribution to the successful development of compounds through phases of clinical research on a global basis
· Prior contribution to the shaping of strategic direction for drug(s) within a therapeutic area
· Demonstrated effectiveness in meeting applicable regulatory, quality and compliance standards
· This position is based in Cambridge, MA
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.