Associate Scientist II– Complement Biology Department
The Complement Biology department at Bioverativ a Sanofi Company is seeking an experienced and highly motivated scientist to support therapeutic programs for complement driven diseases. The successful candidate will contribute to both characterization of disease state and discovery of novel candidate drugs, including the design and execution of proof of concept and validation assays. He/she will support projects from discovery research into early development as an active member of cross-functional teams. The candidate must be driven, resourceful, and able to work independently. Excellent organizational skills in management of data, reagents and equipment are essential. The candidate will participate in regular team meetings and present results, interpret data, and formulate conclusions. Teamwork, collaboration with colleagues across disciplines and excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
• Plan, execute and troubleshoot experiments using appropriately selected methods and techniques to support advancement of drug candidates.
• Participate in assay development to enhance our understanding of disease mechanisms; stay current with scientific literature and state of the art techniques.
• Demonstrates and applies understanding and analytical skills to interpret data and draw conclusions within the broader context of project objectives.
• Ability to work productively in cross-functional teams, demonstrating strong inter-personal skills.
• Work independently with minimal supervision while actively communicating progress and recommendations to the team.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• BS with 5+years or MS degree with 3+years of related experience in industry or academia.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a strong background and hands-on experience in assay development in an industry setting.
• Technical skills to include: ELISA, Western Blot, Functional Assays and management of preclinical and clinical study samples as well as assessment of novel reagents.
* Isolation and manipulation of blood components (human/cyno) is a plus.
• Experience with flow cytometry, including design and execution of multi-color panels with human samples is a plus.
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.