Our mission is to build a market leading technology platform enabling differentiated professional services that support patients’, providers’, payers’, and Sanofi’s needs to deliver differentiated & improved patient outcomes. To accomplish this, we are establishing core competencies in cloud based data management, data analytics, mobile platform applications, and software based medical device life-cycle. The team has broad visibility within Sanofi and we are looking for candidates that are passionate about patients & healthcare, focused on our core values of working as one team and treating others with respect, but last but not least being some of the brightest and most talented resources in the industry.
For this team, we are seeking an Android Developer with deep native mobile app development experience in professional settings. Your daily work will include Android app engineering and solving technical challenges related to delivering apps used by both patients and health care professionals to help manage their care plans. We build both iOS and Android apps side-by-side and integrate with many Bluetooth connected hardware devices. We try to share as much code and knowledge between the platforms as possible. You will primarily interface with architects, backend, front end web engineers as well as an embedded test team. You will also interface with a product owner, quality manager, risk manager, usability team, UI/UX designers, regulatory and others. This is a collaborative organization that values strong communication.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience with the full cycle of app dev, release, and support. They will have professional Android development skills, strong passion, work ethic, and desire to push the boundaries of mobile device development. You will be doing work that really matters: your code will have a real impact on our patient’s lives – empowering them to climb toward self-sufficiency. You will have the opportunity to attend relevant training sessions and events to bolster your skills, in addition to a host of other perks. You are also welcome to join monthly usability sessions where you get to watch real patients and doctors discuss their struggles and watch them engage with the solutions you’ve helped build. When you see that spark when they get it, it’s truly magical.
· Engineer new features in Android apps according to requirements.
· Fix bugs and optimize existing features in Android apps.
· Interface your code with our APIs
· Build connectivity to Bluetooth connected medical devices
· Ensure software development is modular, scalable, well tested, stable, and optimized.
· Participate and give feedback in design and code reviews with other developers.
· Respond to feedback from customers and other internal stakeholders, ensuring released web evolve from real world usage, OS updates and potential complaints.
· Establish automated testing framework to ensure test coverage while optimizing effort and resources for future releases
· Follow software design guidelines and ensure proper implementation through code reviews on both internally and externally sourced components
· Support continuous improvement through software development metrics and ensure consistent visibility into those for every project executed
· Work with internal and external software developers and testers to ensure software development deliverables are meeting expectations with respect to quality
· 3+ years of professional experience in Android mobile app development.
· Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering at minimum. No Bootcamp applicants please.
· Expertise in Android system services and APIs.
· Enjoys spending most of their day in Android Studio
· Expertise using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems.
· Strong grasp of Git
· Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking, and project completion skills.
· Self-motivated, innovative, and proactive. An individual who enjoys both the team environment as well as making an individual impact.
· Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban. Understanding of Scrum/XP/Agile principles.
· Core OS Layer such as Bluetooth, WiFi and external accessory integration.
· Understanding of Bluetooth Low Energy
· Security best practice skills
· Experience building an app with Kotlin
· Experienced in application development using modern Android development practices with a small team of engineers to develop fast, stable, and reliable Android apps and components.
· Expert development skills include client-side technologies, design, architecture and writing of clean, reusable, extensible, standards-compliant code.
· Have launched Android apps in Google Play Store.
· Advanced experience in Java and its particular style when developing for Android.
· Experience in leveraging and properly using all major Android SDK constructs.
· Advanced knowledge of testing specifics of Android including unit, functional and UI testing.
· Expertise with continuous integration with delivery from a build pipeline.
· A personal connection to and/or interest in medical care (especially Diabetes)
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.