· Job facts
At Roche, we believe it's urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients' lives and we are brave in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
The Pharma Communications & Strategy team works to ensure that all our employees understand and own our business strategy and that communicators are enabled to help the business deliver on it.
The teams within the Department focus, among other things, on Pharma strategy development and transformation enablement, working to build demand for Roche's opinions, services & products, driving conversations on business critical topics, engaging & mobilising our people around our purpose & strategy, and supporting the Pharma division, the Pharma communicators community and the Pharma Leadership Team.
Reporting to the Head of Pharma Public & Employee Communications, this person is team assistant for four Pharma Communications Leadership Team (PCLT) members.
He/she will provide comprehensive executive support to the Head of Communications & Strategy, Roche Pharmaceuticals (who is also a member of the Group Communications Leadership Team).
He/she will provide administrative support for the Head of Pharma Public & Employee Communications, the Head of Communications Pharma International, and the Globl Transformation Enablement Leader. He/she may also provide ad hoc administrative support for teams of the above mentioned PCLT members as needed.
In this role, you will primarily be accountable for:
· Providing executive assistant support to the Head of Pharma Communications & Strategy (approx 20% of time; please note, the Head of Pharma Communications & Strategy has a Personal Assistant). This includes supporting with telephone coverage, calendar management, travel management, administration, expense management and related activities. Organise and coordinate internal and external meetings, including team meetings, video, teleconferences, telepresence, webcasts, etc. You will also be expected to respond to, if able, or to ensure urgent issues are communicated accordingly.
· Supporting the Head of Pharma Public & Employee Communications, the Head of Communications Pharma International, and the Globl Transformation Enablement Leader with meeting organisation, expenses, organising visitor and agency visits, etc.
· Organising social gatherings and celebratory acts for the Pharma Comms department
· Maintaining databases, including intranet, Gdrive, Touchpoint sites, contact and address lists
· Coordinating interviews worldwide and assisting with onboarding of new employees within the assigned team
· Overseeing budget and financial procedures, including procurement processes in ARIBA system (invoices, purchase orders, accounting, etc.)
· Involvement in ad hoc projects as identified by the team.
7-10 or more years' experience in executive assistant / administration roles with a proven track record and experience in handling highly confidential or sensitive information in a consistently appropriate and effective manner. The desired candidate will be required to fulfill and maintain this administrative role long-term.
· Outstanding computer skills and specific proficiencies with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google and other applications
· Attention-to-detail, excellent time management, priority-setting skills and organisational skills with proven abilities to work independently and sometimes remotely from other team members
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Project coordination skills
· Orientation to teamwork: enjoys supporting various internal partners/stakeholders and is regarded as a 'team player'
· Financial acumen sufficient for basic data entry, tracking, monitoring and assessment of expense budgets and business analytics
· Impeccable interpersonal skills and considerable organizational savy
· Fluent written and verbal English and German
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Are you ready to apply? We want someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.