· Job facts
Roche Molecular Solutions (RMS) is offering an internship in clinical trial operations in Summer 2020 at our Pleasanton, CA, headquarters. This laboratory-based and office-based position will be assigned in the RMS Clinical Operations and Biometrics (COBM) department, and will involve close collaborations with functional areas of Clinical Operations, Clinical Trial Support Laboratory, Logistics & Infrastructure and Clinical Project Management.
As an intern, you will be assigned a variety of tasks in assisting and supporting various clinical study projects in the areas of molecular and sequencing diagnostics. You will be assigned to selected projects that will be in either planning phase or ongoing studies across RMS key lifecycle areas, such as microbiology, oncology, molecular point-of-care, blood screening and sequencing. Example areas of focus include:
· Training on RMS policies and procedures involved in, and related to, Clinical Operations and Clinical Trial Support Laboratory, both in pre-launch and post-launch studies;
· Performing manual and automated techniques in the preparation and analysis of samples in the support of selected studies, in compliance with specified testing and regulatory requirements, and RMS safety guidelines;
· Performing clinical trial sample management activities ensuring thorough, complete, and accurate accountability and integrity of samples and related data;
· Understanding the regulatory environment and requirements of the IVD development process.
Additionally, the selected intern will be asked to participate in various intern activities, which may include workshops with leaders in the organization, our mentor program, and our Poster Symposium among other activities.
· Preferred Majors: Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Medical Technologist, Molecular Biology
· Excellent skills in basic computer applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
· Well organized and detail oriented.
Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2020
Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
Must have a ≥3.0 GPA
Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End Poser Symposium).
Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
What You Will Learn:
· Molecular biology in IVD Clinical Development
· Work in a clinical trial laboratory
· Principles of Good Clinical Practive (GCP)
· Principles of Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
· Experience planning and running pre- and post-launch studies
· Experience running RMS Automated PCR and Sequencing investigational methods
· Effective communication and productive interdisciplinary collaboration
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.