· Job facts
At Roche, we believe it's urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients' lives, and we are fearless in both making decisions and taking action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
As part of the global technical development organization, we are responsible for the analytical research and development of new drug substances and drug products, at the Roche Basel site. This includes the development, optimization and validation of state-of-the-art analytical methods involving mostly chromatographic techniques. Our responsibilities also include the evaluation and implementation of new analytical technologies and methodologies.
We are looking for an analytical chemist, food-chemist, pharmacist or equivalent with experience and keen interest in (2D-)HPLC. The goal of this internship is to establish the use of 2D-LC in our analytical lab. The candidate will be the first to work with this technique and will make it usable for the analytical scientists in PTDCA.
In this position you will
· Work in an analytical development lab with an Agilent 2D-LC
· Research literature regarding 2D-LC and connect with experts in the analytical section
· Identify most appropriate parameters for the coupling of achiral and chiral analytical methods based on the available device
· Identify and implement a useful set and combination of columns and mobile phases for a routine use of 2D-LC in the analytical lab
· Set up a standard approach for method development for 2D-LC methods
· Summarize the results and present to the department
· Write an users-guide for the routine use of 2D-LC
Who we are
Bei Roche leisten 94,000 Menschen in 100 Ländern Pionierarbeit im Gesundheitswesen. Gemeinsam haben wir uns zu einem weltweit führenden, forschungsorientierten Healthcare-Konzern entwickelt. Unser Erfolg baut auf Innovation, Neugier und Vielfalt.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, der die Chancengleichheit fördert.
Ideal candidate profile
Who you are
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
Moreover, you are
· An ambitious student who is currently enrolled in analytical chemistry, food chemistry, pharmacy or equivalent field or in a gap year between degrees
· A person who works systematically, precisely and brings a high level of initiative as well as a dedicated attitude
· Experienced in reversed-phase HPLC
· Experienced in 2D-LC and OpenLab chromatographic software would be an advantage
· An organizational talent with good analytical thinking and problem solving skills
To be considered, please send us your complete application merged into one PDF including
· Motivation Letter (including desired starting date & duration)
· A certificate of enrollment (if you are currently studying)
· For non-EU/EFTA citizens: Certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory (required due to regulations)
Are you ready to apply? We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche. When applying for this position, already project yourself in the future. Think about what could come next and how you would like to build your future.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions, then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Tags: ROiQQ ROiLS ROiBI ROiBY ROiBT ROiCH ROiDS ROiMkS ROiPS