Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of design principles, practices and implementation in complex systems and assignments. General responsibilities include design concept generation, participating in design reviews, development and testing to assess performance against design specification; reliability testing, and assessment of system interactions. Makes independent decisions. Assist in the development of manufacturing processes and troubleshooting issues to determine root cause and possible engineering solutions.
· Learns to use company concepts, policies and procedures, familiar with and follows standard practices.
· Normally receives detailed directions on all work.
· Makes suggestions to improve work processes.
· Assists in reducing to practice patentable inventions.
· Works on projects of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
· Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
· Participates in technical team activities.
· Presents and discusses data within group.
· Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
BS degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline.
Entry level; 2 years of related experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knows basic and some specialized engineering techniques.
· Familiar with searching technical literature.
· Skilled with use of word processing, spreadsheets, graphical and presentation software applications
· Learns the foundational practices for requirements management, development and analysis.
· Learns the foundational practices for SW planning.
· Learns company and industry design practices as applied to tasks.
· Learns company coding practices as applied to tasks.
· Learns company practices for SW integration and test.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Devices, Systems and Solutions
· Who we are
Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. (Ventana), a member of the Roche Group, innovates and manufactures instruments and reagents that automate tissue processing and slide staining for cancer diagnostics. Our integrated staining, workflow management and digital pathology solutions optimize laboratory efficiency to reduce errors and support diagnosis for pathology professionals. Together with Roche, Ventana is driving personalized healthcare through accelerated drug discovery and companion diagnostics.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.