Description de l'offre
Roche is the world leader in in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) and tissue-based cancer diagnostics and a front-runner in diabetes management. Roche Sequencing is seeking a talented Bioinformatics scientist to collaborate with experimentalists on computational analyses and to build the underlying analysis algorithms that enable the approval of next-generation sequencing (NGS) IVDs to impact patients through personalized medicine.
Are you an adaptable programmer who can address some of the demands of algorithm development, technology development, and software prototyping? Are you excited about working with a group of scientists and engineers to harness the promises of next-generation sequencing technology to achieve unprecedented diagnostics in oncology? Do you have a strong desire to create code that helps clinicians to understand and interpret clinical diagnostics results from next-generation sequencing technologies?
· Contribute to NGS analysis pipeline and software development
· Work with interdisciplinary team to prototype and implement functional and design specifications for IVDs
· Plan, test, and integrate new system components and prototype new functionality
· Optimize and refactor scientific code utilizing Java/Python technology profile
· Development or improvement of algorithms for NGS-based diagnostics products for Somatic Oncology
· Document analysis procedures and results and present findings in meetings
· M.S. / Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computer science, computational biology, or a related discipline
· Minimum 5 yrs of related experience with at least 2 years of experience in NGS
· Willingness to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with emphasis on product development
· Strong track-record of development and testing using Python and Java
· Experience with workflow frameworks such as Nextflow
· Experience with task farming on compute clusters
· Experience with test frameworks and container technology is a plus
· Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple business, scientific, and technical teams
· Excellent problem solving skills. Must be able to think independently, work collaboratively and contribute to an active intellectual environment
· Experience with oncology disease area highly desirable
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.