· Job facts
We seek biostatisticians with passion and exemplary experience in personalized healthcare/precision medicine including analyses of genomics, digital biomarkers, clinical imaging data or related fields in support of clinical development project or large epidemiological research. Cross-functional collaboration, ability to work in an agile multi-cultural organization, teamwork and effective communication are essential. Candidates should be experienced in machine learning / advanced analytics. Experience in clinical development and clinical trials biostatistics is a plus.
In this role your responsibilities will be:
· Support and lead analytical strategy and implementation of personalized healthcare projects in partnership with clinical and biomarker science and other data science groups
· Support teams in the planning, design, conduct, reporting and regulatory submissions of clinical studies and exploratory project activities related to biomarkers and clinical imaging data, implementing sound statistical approaches
· Partner with senior biostatistics staff and cross-functional members and provide technical and strategic support into PHC development plans
· Keep abreast of new developments in statistics, molecular technologies, digital and sensors technologies, drug development, and regulatory guidance through literature review, workshop attendance, etc
· Contribute to the biostatistics/scientific community by partnering with senior staff, mentoring junior colleagues, and participating in internal/external initiatives
You bring the following skills and qualifications:
· PhD in statistics/biostatistics or a related field, with at least 5 years relevant experience
· Sound and solid knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics, including statistical learning / machine learnings methods
· Experience with statistical software such as R, S-Plus, SAS, and computational languages such as Python, C++.
· Understanding of molecular biology, genetics or genomics in addition to standard molecular assays and technologies, and understanding of sensor system and digital devices data analysis and their clinical utility.
· Effective communication and collaboration skills, including good statistical consulting and problem-solving skills.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Biometrics
· Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.