· Job facts
At Roche, we believe in delivering medical solutions right now, even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients' lives. We are brave in both decision and action and we believe that good business means a better world. Join us in making this happen.
· A national role under the global team
· Knowledge sharing for Roche ophthalmic surgical device technology
· Working in an agile working environment
· Extensive travel required
The GSDL is a global field-based non-promotional role, responsible for all aspects of the Port Delivery System (PDS) surgical and clinical staff training, verifying technical and scientific information to ensure optimal patient outcomes with Roche's investigational ophthalmic surgical technology.
Through building partnerships with key external stakeholders, as well as collaborating with global and local cross-functional partners, the GSDL provides insights which inform the global and local medical strategy, contributing to early internal capabilities to enhance launch readiness.
Key accountabilities include:
· Provide pre-case PDS education and training to Surgical and Medical Retina Specialists via Virtual Reality and in-service (dry and wet lab)
· Attend the Operating Room and ophthalmology clinic for on-site case instruction, as well as continuous remote support to Investigators, surgical and clinical staff for performing PDS investigational study procedures as required by protocol and development plan
· Gather investigator feedback and insights, working closely with cross-functional teams to optimize andexpedite successful delivery of PDS clinical development programs
· Develop and facilitateinternal and externalrelationships through collaborative networks
· Overcome barriers and identify key opportunities for increased cooperation with internal and external stakeholders at the global and local level
· Provide disease and surgical area training to internal colleagues
· Enhance Roche's understanding of the local ophthalmology surgical and device ecosystem
· Provided medical team support for access strategy activities
· Support global and local cross-functional implementationof PDS ‘Surgical Strategy and Excellence' toenhance launch readinessin compliance with all local requirements
· Contribute to the GSDL team innovation for bringing PDS procedure consistency and quality through best practice to optimize ophthalmologist and patient experience
Who are you?
· Your proven experience working in the ophthalmology operating theatre environment in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, consumer goods or a related industry is essential along with familiarity of ophthalmic surgical devices and a degree qualification in pharmacy, chemistry or other life science or related field.
· Knowledge of Pharmacovigilance, ICH-GCP, GMP and the Medicines Code of Conduct is a requirement, with a sound background in ophthalmology and previous experience workingspecifically in vitreo-retinal surgery preferred.
· Exceptional organisational and multi-tasking skills, high attention to detail and a strong sense of initiative are key to your success in this role.
What do we offer?
· In return, Roche offers a competitive package, ongoing development, and opportunities for career advancement. We have an excellent range of benefits including flexible working arrangements.
· Roche encourages a high-performance culture where you are empowered and trusted to make decisions. We strive for excellence and extraordinary results and take a genuine interest in our people and their well-being, and our patients.
· At Roche, the world's largest biotech company you can, with the industry's strongest pipeline in specialised medicines. Take pride in knowing you can make a difference to millions of patients worldwide developing treatments for oncology, neuroscience, inflammation, immunology, ophthalmology, rare diseases and respiratory disease.
· Anything's possible, in a friendly, collaborative culture where people are united in purpose and will stretch you to be brave, speak up and think differently. Feel empowered to deliver meaningful outcomes, supported by accessible and inspiring leaders.
· All facets of diversity are important to us and we endeavour to create an environment where everyone, regardless of factors such as gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification or religion can contribute and realise their potential. As part of celebrating diversity, we welcome applications from all people who are passionate about doing now what patients need next.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Medical Affairs, Medical Affairs > Medical Science Liaison
· Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.