· Job facts
A member of a Ventana project team that develops and commercializes new medical diagnostic automated systems for slide based staining. Responsible for performing on site servicing, repair, and installation of company products, as well as technical support for those products. Individual understands implications of the work and makes recommendations for solutions as well as assist in determining methods and procedures on new assignments.
This position is part of the Research and Development team, and is responsible for repair and maintenance of released Ventana Medical System's platforms for internal customers.
· Assist in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
· Assist in performing scheduled preventative maintenance on systems and equipment.
· Perform repairs by performing operational tests and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
· Work from written and verbal descriptions to perform testing, trouble-shooting, and repair functions.
· Ensure compliance of calibration for the different tools and systems maintained in the Research and Development laboratories.
· Provide excellent customer service.
· Ability to diagnose and solve problems from non-technical descriptions.
· Ability to effectively manage service calls with demanding timelines from internal customers.
· Monitor work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
· Work as an effective departmental or cross-functional team member.
· Adhere to Ventana Medical Systems procedures and processes.
· AS degree in Engineering Technology preferred.
· 1-3 years related experience and/or training, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Read and understand electrical, mechanical, assembly drawings, specifications and technical procedures.
· Use of test equipment such as digital voltmeters and precision weight scales.
· Use of hand tools such as screwdrivers, wrenches, nut-drivers, calipers and various other hand tools.
· Accurately recognize non-conforming test results.
· Effectively present information and respond to questions from cross functional managers, as well as peers from other departments.
· Knowledge of the following software desirable: MS Office (Word and Excel), MS Outlook (e-mail).
· Ability to travel up to 25% or 1 week per month
· Who we are
Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. (Ventana), a member of the Roche Group, innovates and manufactures instruments and reagents that automate tissue processing and slide staining for cancer diagnostics. Our integrated staining, workflow management and digital pathology solutions optimize laboratory efficiency to reduce errors and support diagnosis for pathology professionals. Together with Roche, Ventana is driving personalized healthcare through accelerated drug discovery and companion diagnostics.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.