Roche is a company with a 125-year history and our ongoing success is based on our strong focus on delivering meaningful value for our customers and society, and we will need to evolve our offering and approach in order to do so. Health care is changing exponentially due to radical innovation in technology, increased openness to change, increasing patient empowerment, multiple sources of medical information, and pressure on public spending.
We are looking for a HR Country Operations Specialist (Payroll and HR specialist) to join Roche based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
In the role of HR Country Operations Specialist you will support the local organization in a variety of Human Resources and Finance activities.
Main tasks including but not limited to:
Perform all related payroll and HR admin activities and manage the relationship with 3rd party vendors:
- Check and approve timesheets twice a month
- Check and approve payroll twice a month
- Preparation and submission of additional benefits for taxation (for example: Med. Insurance, Onco Insurance, Life Insurance, additional charges under an employment contract, etc.)
- Check and manage the salary deductions (Med.insurance of relatives, Onco insurance relatives, loans, deductions on a writ of execution etc)
- Check and approve Paysheet of payment by service agreements monthly
- Calculate, review, submit Accruals (Bonus accruals for employees, bonus accruals for contractors, vacation accruals etc)
- Upload files into the SAP monthly: Payroll, Payments by service agreements, Accruals (bonuses, vacations etc.)
- Print and submit for signature the original employee related documents monthly: Payroll, Payments by service agreements and others
Employee Lifecycle/Operations (20%)
- Initiate preparation of the employee related document by outsourced provider: employment contracts, staffing table, orders of vacations, managing sick leave certificates, issuing reference letters, issuing confirmations of employment/salary, sending documents to government institutions
- Process all changes in Workday
- Fulfill requests which come via People Portal
- Work with newcomers: prepare JO, initiate preparation of the employment documents by the outsourced provider; organize and coordinate the onboarding program, conduct induction from P&C side: information about Roche and Roche Ukraine, overview of organization structure, HR policy and corporate culture etc.
- Support, communicate and inform employees about all changes in calculations of salary or TAX, clarification and answers to questions of employees on payroll, vacation, sick leave, vacation remains, etc.
- Support and consult employees on WD process ( how to use People Portal, other HR tools, others)
- Support managers in creating and updating Job Descriptions
- Consult employees on all employment related questions
Business Partner Advisory ( 20%)
- Provide immediate, in country, in local language, support to employees on P&C topics such as access to relevant data, performance and compensation (performance management, benefits and other compensation elements), transformations (change management and redundancies), employee wellbeing (may include reintegration processes and time management), career paths, resolution of conflicts, employee representation topics and relocation, depending on the scope of the request.
- Leverage a strong understanding of global P&C processes to advise employees on system and process related topics. Deliver first-class support, advice to employees specifically when new processes or projects are rolled out.
- Ensure alignment and execution of established policies, procedures and global P&C initiatives. Ensure compliance of all P&C practices within legislative requirements and established standards and guidelines by building a broad knowledge base on regional approaches and connecting with global P&C colleagues.
Benefits Operations (10%)
- Conduct benefit administration and operations activities, including enrolment, deduction, calculations, payment, form processing and other related benefit tasks.
- Support the implementation of new/existing benefits programs, vendors or changes, P&C related SOPs
- Interface with insurance companies for improving services and satisfied needs of employees
- Support updates to employee communications and policy materials
- Escalation point and resource for People Support Team on benefits enquiries, supporting end-to-end resolution
- Proactively identify process improvements and troubleshoot complex issues to determine root cause and solutions for resolution
- Support conducting tenders for insurances
- Local language interviews
- Job posting in WD and on local sites
- Communications with candidates
- Explanation of unique local benefits
- Creating and issuing offers to final candidates
- Support managers in recruiting activities
Expats Life Cycle/Operations (5%)
- Management and control the relationship with Deloitte regarding expats: including but not limited to local employment documents, work permit, local TAX ID, residence registration, their release, re-release
- Consult expats in all labor law questions
- Filling out a monthly report in Deloitte tool
- Communication work with Orion Deloitte, with Mobility team, work with expats declaration, taxes and further documents (invoices, acts)
Who you are:
Preferably experienced working in a shared service center and in an HR services environment.
Preferably a proven track record of being able to deliver in a matrix organization.
Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to handle multiple, competing priorities.
Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and multicultural environment working across borders.
Experience effectively working in a matrix organization across geographies and divisions.
Ability to navigate complex HR data structure
Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
Experienced and efficient handling of standard IT-applications, preferably Google suite
Knowledge of tax and social insurance
University or bachelor degree, HR preferred
Professional communication skills in English (written and spoken)
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.