· Division : Roche Pharmaceuticals
· Function : Medical
· Location : Cameroon
· Schedule : Full-time
· Job type : Temporary Employee (1 Year)
· Job level : Individual contributor
· Position : Diagnostic Science Liaison (DSL)
· Therapeutic Area: Roche Portfolio
· Reporting to: Medical and Biomarker Project Manager (MBPM) French Sub Sahara Africa
· Purpose :
· A field-based resource for healthcare professionals (HCPs) and internal stakeholders involved in the patient diagnosis pathway (in accordance to local laws, Roche SOPs regulations and codes of conduct), to:
· Provide Medical and scientific information/education in accordance to local laws, regulations and codes, and Roche SOPs
· Establish and develop long-term, peer-to-peer relationships in accordance to local laws, regulations and codes, and Roche SOPs
· Generate diagnosis pathway data in accordance to local laws, regulations and codes, and Roche SOPs
· Implement the diagnosis part of French SSA Central Africa countries Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs)
· Context & Responsibilities
A local role, non-promotional, field-based reporting to the medical department (Medical and Biomarker Project Manager), working closely together with the Medical and Biomarker Project Manager (MBPM) to enhance diagnosis pathway and support Brand team in Diagnosis topic related to Roche Portfolio.
· Interacting with HCPs to understand their views, preferences and interests, in the assigned therapeutic area, and where Roche / GNE can partner with them to meet their needs where aligned with our strategies
· Providing medical expertise to customers, and customer insights to internal brand teams
· Responding to unsolicited, product related questions from physicians in accordance to local laws, regulations and codes and Roche/GNE SOPs
· Serving as the scientific bridge and point of contact with the investigator for IISs, and supporting Roche/GNE sponsored study planning and execution including enhancing the site's performance and quality (see Key Activities – Data Generation)
· Understanding and acting in line with legal, regulatory and company standards and codes of practice (such as Roche/GNE Code of Conduct and any other directives, SOPs and guidelines)
· Inform Local Safety Responsible of safety issues according to Roche/GNE safety SOPs; and provide scientific support and follow-up on product safety issues
· Key Activities :
· Strategic partnership
· Support the implementation of central Africa MoUs diagnosis part
· Conduct individual Scientific Interactions with Histo-technician, Lab scientist, Pathologist
· Coordinate, present and attend Advisory boards and other meetings with Scientific Leaders / Healthcare professionals
· Implement Medical Affairs strategy for biomarkers and companion diagnostics
· Track guidelines and regulatory landscape for Diagnostic testing in French SSA Central Africa region
· Companion diagnostic and data generation
· Implements Biomarker strategies within long-, medium- and short-term business plans, ensuring that these support the corporate objectives.
· Ensures internal knowledge sharing and notification on any Biomarker and Personalized Health Care issues or developments identified
· Generates and implements new concepts aimed with MBPM at standardizing Biomarker testing & diagnosis pathway improving accuracy to internationally accepted standards in both Public and Private sectors for existing product portfolios
· Establishes Biomarker testing and diagnosis pathway quality standards in preparation for future product expansions
· Identifies data sources and coordinates data collection in order to improve knowledge and understanding of the biomarker testing environment and diagnosis pathway
· Stays alert of trends in healthcare, technology/diagnostics and competition.
· Knowledge exchange
· Respond to unsolicited questions from HCPs in accordance to local laws, regulations and codes and Roche/GNE SOPs, facilitate their needs of up to date scientific data, including but not limited to publications of Biomarker study, guidelines, by ensuring they have the best quality available information they require
· Work with MBPM on the affiliate knowledge exchange strategy and execution, including preparation of presentations and scientific papers in their therapeutic area
· Support MBPM to design, update and give training both internally and externally
· Customer focus
· Manage Key HCPs relationships and interact with pathologists and other relevant external stakeholders for the purpose of establishing and strengthening relationships in order to deliver on overall objectives.
· Take responsibility for developing appropriate collaboration approaches in conjunction with Roche Diagnostics to maximize and leverage our partnership.
· Maintain and present a professional image of Roche within the market place (punctuality, customer communication, customer contact, professionalism
· Preferred Role Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Competencies
· Medical / PhD/PharmD / MPH degrees preferred.
· Master in biology, pharmaceutical and clinical medicine or equivalent
· Relevant area: Medical Diagnosis / Lab Diagnosis
· Local laws, regulations and Codes of Practice
· Appreciates the diversity of working with multidisciplinary teams
· Computer literate (MS office, Google, etc.)
· French (Fluent national language knowledge, written and verbal) / English (Language knowledge, written and verbal)
· Knowledge in data analysis and statistics for purpose of understanding Clinical study results
· High ethical standards
· Strategic thinking
· Collaboration skills
· Analytical Skills
· Results orientation
· Relationship skills
· Communication, interpersonal and networking skills
· Presentation skills
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Medical Affairs, Medical Affairs > Medical Science Liaison
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.