Description de l'offre
The human genome was first sequenced in 2003 after fifteen years of hard work and cost three billion dollars. Today, the recent availability of sequencing the entire human genome with ~$1000 brings a once-in-a-lifetime technology disruption. This disruption has brought great challenges and opportunities to the data analytics market, all the way up to personalized medicine practices, and Roche Sequencing Solutions is positioned at the heart of this value chain.
We are seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist enthusiastic at developing algorithms and analyses for cutting-edge next-generation (NGS) and third-generation sequencing (TGS) platforms, analyzing exciting large-scale genomic data, working with our high-performance computing platform, and enhancing our analysis workflow for accuracy. You will work with our highly professional teams in both science and engineering to deliver the best genomic applications to the field.
· Develop and enhance algorithms for NGS and TGS data.
· Extend and refine existing pipelines for the analysis of and NGS and TGS data.
· Benchmark and validate bioinformatics tools and pipelines.
· Characterize and modeling empirical NGS and TGS data Requirements.
· Ph.D. (in Bioinformatics, Computational Sciences, or related) and 0 to 2 years of industry experience, or Master's degree (in Bioinformatics, Computational Sciences, or related) with +2 years of industry experience.
· Demonstrated problem-solving and data analytical skills.
· Fanatical attention to details, and commitment to the reliability of your research.
· Ability to quantify accuracy and performance ofalgorithms/tools/pipelineswith respect to metrics, datasets, and the literature.
· Experienced in algorithm/analysis implementation with a programming language, such as Python, C++, or Java .
· One of either: in-depth experience with bioinformaticsalgorithms/tools/pipelinesOR Appliedmathematics/statisticsbackground, ability to quickly learn and adapt algorithms from open-source C/C++/Python code, ability to develop highly maintainable software.
· Ability to prioritize and deliver research in a fast-paced, milestone-driven environment.
· Team player with good communication skill Good to have.
· Experience withintegrating/improvingthird-party/legacy codebase.
· Good writing skills for scientific reports.
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.