Works with a highly collaborative team of imaging scientists and software developers to solve image and data analysis problems in the field of Digital Pathology. Contributes to algorithm development activities for technology assessment, internal project collaborations, and commercial medical devices. Implements technology in the fields of image processing, machine learning, pattern recognition and data mining.
· Implements or modifies existing algorithms to analyze histopathology images and data.
· Implements software in prototyping and commercial product development environments.
· Collaborates with other members of a project team to meet defined scientific and technical goals/requirements.
· Interacts in a multidisciplinary environment with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., pathologists, biochemists, instrumentation engineers, software engineers, and marketing representatives).
· Organizes and tracks own deliverables.
· Keeps up-to-date with technology advances and job training requirements in the medical device industry.
· Identifies and documents Intellectual Property opportunities for technology and applications.
· Presents results to project partners, collaboration partners within the Roche group, customers, and at scientific conferences.
· Other duties as may be assigned by management in the pursuit of the operational goals of the group.
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
· Hands-on experience with algorithm development for image or data analysis algorithms.
· Experience in the design and development of analysis algorithms for biomedical image data.
· Product development experience with a focus on data analysis preferred.
· Experience working with Digital Pathology tools or Software is a plus.
· Experience working with Medical devices a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent skill sets in Matlab, C++ or Python.
· Good understanding of scientific principles; good analytical and mathematical skills.
· Working knowledge and theoretical understanding of image analysis, pattern recognition, machine learning, computer vision, and data mining methods.
· Understanding and following of software engineering practices for prototyping and commercial product development languages.
· Basic understanding of biomedical image data, preferably in digital pathology.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research
· Who we are
Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. (Ventana), a member of the Roche Group, innovates and manufactures instruments and reagents that automate tissue processing and slide staining for cancer diagnostics. Our integrated staining, workflow management and digital pathology solutions optimize laboratory efficiency to reduce errors and support diagnosis for pathology professionals. Together with Roche, Ventana is driving personalized healthcare through accelerated drug discovery and companion diagnostics.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.