Research and Development Scientist
MilliporeSigma is building a new Novel Modalities R&D department to support cutting edge APIs in the pharma industry. With this new team, we will develop and provide the manufacturing platform for life saving drugs.
We are hiring an R&D Scientist for our newly created Novel Modalities R&D organization. Reporting to the Head of Novel Modalities R&D, the R&D Scientist will develop innovative manufacturing technologies or analytical methods for bioconjugates or RNA liposomes.
· Work with Principal Scientists or Senior Scientists to develop manufacturing technologies or analytical methods for bioconjugates or RNA liposomes.
· Understand challenges in the contract manufacturing industry and work to ensure MilliporeSigma is on the cutting edge of bioconjugation or liposomes.
· Keep updated on product and industry knowledge and “best-in-class”manufacturing and analytical technologies
· Demonstrate attention to detail in the execution and documentation of experimental work
· Establish a team-based approach with other internal organizations, such as marketing, sales, PAD, QC and operations.
· Provide timely and comprehensive written and oral communications to the team
Who You Are:
· Bachelor’s degreein Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology or other related Scientific disciplinewith 3+ years laboratory experience
· 2+ years of R&D experience
· 2+ years’ experience of preparation process or analytical techniques for bioconjugates or liposomes
· 2+ years’ experience with process instruments (AKTA, UFDF) or analytical instruments (HPLC or GC or particle characterization)
· PhD or Master’s degree with 1+ years of ADC or liposomes industry experience
· Experience in CMO or CRO
· Working experience in cGMP/GLP, knowledgeable about ICH and FDA guidelines
· Hands on experience in analytical method development and method transfer for Analytical Scientist or hands on experience in technology transfer and scale-up to manufacturing process in the contract manufacturing industry for Process Scientist
· Experience with advanced data analysis and/or statistical software systems is a plus
· Experience with gene therapeutics is a plus
· Knowledge of process or analytical techniques in molecular biology is a plus.
· PAT and Automation (medium to high throughput) experience in analytical is highly desirable
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Job Requisition ID: 208782
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Developer, Scientist, Science, Research, Technology