Business Development Manager
This position is the sales executive responsible to develop existing or new Contract Logistics business within the given vertical (industry segment) and country. He / She is the primary contact within a country with regard to Contract Logistics business.
Your tasks and responsibilities
· Meet and exceed personal and country/regional new business revenue goals
· Develop strong opportunity pipeline for sales opportunities
· Work on RFQ/RFP written responses
· Build relationships with key contacts within customer organizations to understand opportunities
for Kuehne & Nagel Contract Logistics to create value.
· Marshall the resources within Kuehne & Nagel to capitalize on value creation opportunities.
· Work closely with this team to develop creative solutions to customer needs.
· Cross-sell Kuehne & Nagel suite of services.
· Organize regular meetings with the client and relevant operations staff to report on performance and receive an update from client on challenges and future plans.
· Direct operational issues to the correct operational owner.
· Develop and implement account plans for major accounts.
· Identify issues before they become problems through close contact with customer.
· Assure Kuehne and Nagel and customer expectations are in alignment.
· Drive proactive suggestions for continuous and discontinuous improvement.
· Maintain close communication with customer and Kuehne & Nagel operations team to assure uniform understanding of customer expectations relative to operational solutions, timeline, costs and results.
Your skills and experience
· Business level of Japanese and good proficiency of English language skills to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
· Experience (2+ years) with national sales and account management and proven success in business development.
· Solid understanding of the theory and practice of supply chain management, warehousing, and domestic transportation
· Experience in retail, high-tech, industrials/chemicals, automotive or pharmaceutical/healthcare industries.
· Ability to provide clear direction to operations support staff to gather necessary data and implement the right solution.
· Ability to deliver good presentation
· Good proposal development skills
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to travel (up to 50%).
· Previous third party logistics experience (2+ years) a plus.
Good reasons to join
Kuehne + Nagel gives employees the opportunity to learn and develop; to grow and perform to their fullest potential within a global work environment. We offer performance driven remuneration and total rewards & benefits.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Learn more >>
Reference Number: req30133