Who you are:
As a System Test engineer, the candidate will be performing rigorous testing of IBM Power Servers running various Linux / AIX OS and real-world workloads including COLO cloud stack
What you will do:
As a Test engineer, you will
· Design & perform stress and integration testing of variety of IBM power systems running AIX/Linux OS.
· Validate the cloud COLO features as per the Engineering specifications including OS VM provisioning
· Enable the new features and functionalities for the IBM COLO data centres to ensure timely product release
· Perform scalability testing with command line interface
· Perform API testing and microservices
How we'll help you grow:
· You will get an opportunity to to define, develop and deliver differentiated offerings that focus on winning in the market.
· You will work with cross-discipline IBM teams to deliver innovative offerings to clients.
· You will grow your technical and business acumen and leadership skills
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Software Test Specialist
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 1 to 5 years of relevant industry experience
· Knowledge of operating systems with administration (Linux/Unix/AIX) skills
· Proven programming skills (python and java script, shell scripts)
· Exposure to cloud UI (front end and back end)
· Knowledge on Automation tools (selenium, Terraform, Ansible) is desirable
· Proven debugging and problem solving skills
· Proven knowledge on network , storage and interfaces
· Proven knowledge of API (Rest API) skills
· Proven communication skills
· Proven ability to work effectively in a global team environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Candidates having exposure to IBM Power Systems are preferred
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.