This position resides in Markham, ON and is a 8 (coop) month work term commencing May 2020 . It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
The IBM Canada Advanced Studies (CAS) team achieves meaningful business and community outcomes through joint research and experiential learning projects with students, faculty and industry professionals.
· Fully engage as part of a well-organized, flexible and highly integrated team, with an emphasis on continuous, just-in-time learning of the latest technologies and solutions.
· Work closely with Content Technical Analysts to design compelling tutorials, workshops, assignments and sample projects featuring the latest IBM analytics, blockchain, cloud and data science technologies, including AI/ML.
· Apply user research, design thinking, jobs-to-be-done theory and related service design methodologies with diverse stakeholders to create meaningful experiences of discovery, triumph and enrichment with IBM technology.
· Develop fluency in IBM Enterprise Design Thinking and work with gifted co-facilitators to deliver workshops for researchers, students and clients.
· Demonstrate a clear pride of ownership by communicating design strategies that achieve desired outcomes.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Support Professional
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
· Knowledge and experience with interactive design domain
· Exceptional verbal,visual and written communication skills to articulate UX logic and reasoning across disciplines
· Ability to collaborate with a team of designers and work well with cross-functional teams
· Portfolio (School OK) with work samples and stories
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Familiarity with the interactive design process
· Appreciation of the user's experience when interacting with software
· Experience with research methodologies, creating personas, user scenario flows, usability testing, task analysis and information architecture
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.