Why design for IBM Systems?
You are a creative powerhouse. You are innately curious, endlessly experimental, and naturally empathetic. You enjoy working with a collaborative team of designers, strategists, and storytellers on a broad range of projects. You incorporate research insights into creative expression. You consistently push to develop strong concepts, and have an equal passion for the beautiful execution of those big ideas. You fight for your ideas but keep an open mind. You thrive on new challenges and seek an ecosystem in which design and designers are highly valued.
If this is you, we'd like you to join us. IBM is the birthplace of the axiom “good design is good business.” Now more than ever, IBM sees design as one of the key pathways to a sustainable future.
At IBM Systems, you'll invent things. A new way to tell a story. A smarter strategy. Better ways of working. You'll be part of a top-performing team that has fun, learns from failures, and innovates every day. We power the most important industries on the planet—from finance to telecommunications to scientific research. You may not know it, but there's hardly a part of your daily life that isn't touched by an IBM Systems client.
IBM Systems leads in transformation: reinventing, learning, and doing what it takes to stay ahead of technological shifts to build what comes next. We're good at change because we've never been afraid of it. If you're the same, join us for our next big reveal.
About Systems Creative at IBM
We believe that engaging content is the best way to build relationships at scale, and that stories must be creatively woven, uniquely delivered, and useful to our audience. Want to be part of a company where science and creativity collide to make the new big bang in content? We create stories and design experiences that matter to our audiences, move them to act, and cut through the noise of more than 14,000 messages a day.
About this Position
As a Senior Designer at IBM, you shape the experience of our consumers through storytelling and design within our integrated brand constructs. You conceive and implement visual marketing campaigns that span media from print to email to display ads to interactive platforms. The Senior Designer develops engaging content and experiences for IBM Systems and product lines through inventive application of our brand guidelines. The successful candidate collaborates effectively with in-house, freelance, and external agency teams of designers, developers, copywriters, strategists, and producers to deliver content that helps us build a highly-engaged subscriber base and drive the sales pipeline. This role reports to the IBM Systems Creative Director. The Senior
Designer role includes but is not limited to:
· Create industry-leading design and brand expressions through all phases of project delivery in physical and digital media.
· Redefine business problems as creative opportunities through the application of research insights
· Design strategic, conceptual, beautiful, and effective solutions that engage the consumer.
· Bring your passion for design and brand and create work that will advance our marketing experience.
· Articulate solutions to complex design problems within coordinated campaigns
· Unify key campaign themes and objectives to clearly articulate consumer interests across a wide breadth of deliverables.
· Assume lead roles on multiple projects to fulfill critical delivery deadlines
· Foster positive productive relationships with clients and stakeholders
Creative Strategy & Approach
· Refine, drive, and reinforce the creative vision while further developing the IBM Systems brand, narrative, and story.
· In collaboration with the IBM Systems marketing team, shape and execute our creative vision to fully align our objectives, strategies, and brand guidelines.
· Actively contribute to brainstorms and ideation sessions to develop new ideas for content, campaigns, and new approaches to reach our consumers and meet our business objectives.
· Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, to fulfill team creative expectations
Brand Stewardship & Governance
· Implement brand guidelines and standards to align content across multiple media and platforms.
· Ensure a cohesive user experience across various formats/media.
· Validate external creative touchpoints for compliance with IBM brand standards and campaign objectives
· Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner, and to conduct effective written and verbal communication.
*Bachelor's degree, or equivalent years of experience required.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Minimum of 7+ years working in a creative team environment
· A comprehensive portfolio of work samples across various media, featuring excellent design, color and typographic skills.
· Experience with developing designs and projects from ideation and development to implementation and activation
· Expertise in creation of Illustrations, icons, and info-graphics preferred
· Ability to articulate your concepts and designs within both critique and client presentation environments
· Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office suite
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.