CICS runs mission-critical applications for some of the biggest and most demanding enterprise businesses in the world today. While it has been around for many, many (almost 50!) years, it is constantly keeping up to date with the latest technology trends, for example, adding functionality for Node.js applications and making the mainframe (IBM Z platform) a first-class player in the API economy.
CICS is a great product to work on. The CICS team is a leader on the IBM Z platform for design-driven development, continuous integration, and DevOps using a Jenkins-based automated delivery pipeline for code development, testing, and service.
The CICS team is looking for a software engineer to specialise in the development of new capability in the CICS Transaction Server for z/OS product and to ensure that all updates that are released to our customers are of the highest quality. The successful candidate will join an agile development team that works closely with CICS clients to plan and implement new function in CICS.
· Apply analytical ability, creativity and judgement in analysing, developing and implementing software solutions to complex requirements?
· Define, recommend, and implement solutions and alternatives to drive a high level of efficiency and customer satisfaction?
· Understand and effectively execute existing software development processes and procedures and develops new approaches as appropriate?
· Ensure accurate and thorough documentation is maintained for the project?
· Assume additional responsibilities as required by the project?
· Work as part of a lively, innovative and enthusiastic team? If you answered yes to these questions, this is the job for you!
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Good communication skills
· Software problem solving and diagnostic skills
· PL/X, Assembler, Java programming
· Knowledge of z/OS
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Rational Team Concert as used in day to day operations
· CICS TS for z/OS
· CICS/Plex SM knowledge
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire