Do you enjoy working in one of the most critical areas of the operating system? Do you have a passion for understanding how new hardware processors and devices interact with the operating system? Do you want to be part of a highly agile team where collaboration and iterative processes are part of the everyday work experience? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then joining the z/OS Core Development and Test Organization is the right place for you. Here, you will join an organization of highly talented and diverse people who are responsible for the design, development, test, and customer support of the many critical system functions we support, including; Memory Management, I/O flow and recovery, Connectivity of processors and devices to the OS, work dispatching and priority flow, and critical resource monitoring and reporting.
The z/OS Core Technologies Organization is part of the IBM Z system which is a leading-edge technology for managing data, interfacing with Cloud technologies, providing system solutions and hardware enablement that power the most secure and reliable system on the planet. Nearly 100% of all credit card transactions, 92% of the top 100 global banks, 90% of Fortune 500 companies, and 80% of the world’s corporate data trust IBM Z to have the reliability, availability, and performance capabilities that their demands to operate now and grow in the future.
What You’ll Do:
· You will work in an Agile, collaborative and cross-discipline environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative solutions, and support those solutions for our customers.
· You will employ IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
· You will work closely with Hardware groups to understand and implement system solutions for utilizing new hardware functionality.
· You will create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that are clean, well-documented, and easy to use.
· You will Design and implement large scale systems that enable continuous delivery.
Who You Are:
· Someone who is highly motivated and has a passion for creating and supporting great products.
· Someone who enjoys working on a system’s core componentry and has a passion for how a system connects and interacts with hardware processors, channels, and storage devices.
· Someone who thrives on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds.
· Someone who enjoys solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to the most complex technical issues.
· Someone who is able to be innovative in their approach to everything that they do.
· Someone who has a technical background and solid foundation in the areas of software development and programming languages.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
3-5 years experience with any programming language
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.