You will support the execution of our infrastructure services strategy by using your network and innovative business development techniques. You will:
· Build professional relationships with key IT executives;
· Engage with Customer IT and Business function to derive requirements and position IBMs opportunities;
· Engage with IBM stakeholders within different teams to run a virtual deal squad;
· Own and progress opportunities from inception to closure.
· You will influence clients, senior pursuit leaders, sales and sales support organisations, pursuit and enterprise alliance partners.
· You'll create and raise standards for peers, domain experts, other contributors.
What skills and experience do I need to have?
· 7+ years' experience selling technology, with a focus on business development;
· Familiarity with vendors such as Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, AWS and others;
· Understanding the journey the market is on to the cloud
· Experience running complex ITT/RFI/RFP responses in competitive situations.
· Be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, financial issues, and technical concerns while maintaining depth in the core focus area.
· Selling experience from within the banking sector is highly desirable but not essential
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Brand Client Representative
State / Province
Primary job category
(0008) IBM Australia Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
You must hold full unrestricted working rights within Australia at the time of application. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced solution sales professional to join our team supporting one of Australia's largest banks. You will be experienced in new business development with a focus on whitespace expansion and aggressive growth. You will be a natural seller, able to help clients understand how IBM services can modernise their environment, improve their governance, compliance posture, and unlock value in their budget to invest in growth.
Your Life @ IBM
As the world's biggest IT services and Consultancy Company IBM has your professional life in mind. With an extensive range of business areas, award-winning professional development and training programs and attractive flexible working options, at IBM we give you the power to design your career according to your unique style and needs.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.