Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource
Your Role and Responsibilities
* Monitor patch notification from the Patch Advisory Creator or the Patch Management Tool.
* Assess and determine applicability of each security patch in a timely manner, including reviewing of e-fixes.
* Manage the Technical evaluation and implementation plan for the security patch including:
* Raising the change records, installing security patch, managing any problems with in-stall, closing change record, closing patch record and storing required artefacts.
* Monitoring the security patch notification and implementation action timeframes as per policy.
* Initiating the Extension procedure within a timely fashion (where possible before the record is overdue).
* Verifying that the patch was successfully implemented.
* Storing artefacts for actions performed for audit trail purposes, if required.
* Review the deviations in received non-compliance issue (NCI) and validate as required by the process.
* Remediate valid deviations, manage any problems with remediation, close change record, close NCI record and store required artefacts.
As an IBM employee, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
* 5 weeks of paid vacation
* Elaborate education program for each employee - training during the work career, courses are lead by professional lectors; e-learning education; flexible education plan for each job position
* Strong career opportunities
* Access to Hi-tech; MAC@IBM
* Above standard Medical Care
* Discounts in Sports, Culture, Healthcare, Childcare, Finance, Electronics
* Global Travel and Life insurance
* Contribution to the Pension fund
* IBM stock purchase plan
You will have the opportunity to:
* Join our Succeeding@IBM Program - a structured on-boarding and development program
* Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
* Gain knowledge and develop skills through our world-class trainings
* Benefit from mentoring and coaching
* Balance your work with your life and enjoy a flexible working environment
Please, take in consideration, that should your application be successful, our recruiters will contact you.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0674) IBM Global Services Delivery Center Czech Republic s.r.o.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Good command over Excel & office tools
* Fluent English (official Language)
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Work well as both an individual contributor and as part of an integrated team
* Swift learning abilities
* Able to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with competing priorities
* Dedicated to delivering strong, customer-focused performance
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Nice to have (added advantage - IT technical background)
* Windows servers administration basics
* Basic knowledge of various windows services & processes
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft WSUS
* General understanding of IT Systems
* Primary networking concepts
* Applying system patches, validate patches & step-by-step tasks execution etc.
* Fluent English. French is advantage.
* Computer and Digital literacy.
* Adaptability to an ever-changing environment.
* Execution focused - results oriented team player with a can-do attitude.
* Proven ability to build and grow relationships and collaborate at all levels in the organization.
* Excellent approach to planning work, managing priorities and using own initiatives to overcome issues.
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
As Service Coordinator you will play a key role in verifying integrity of operating systems and middle-ware applications for the largest clients. You will be responsible to periodically plan & verify patching campaigns according the various security policy standards and client's specific contractual requirements . Service Coordinators are the gatekeepers to various systems that run our company and our clients.
You will work closely with System and Application administrators, Process teams, Client representatives or sometimes directly with the client to negotiate the maintenance windows and ensure remediation of identified deviations within negotiated service levels.
As a Service Coordinators with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.