IBM Procurement is responsible for the effective acquisition of goods and services that are used by internal business unit clients and deployed on external customer accounts.
We are currently searching for an experienced Procurement Software Professional to join their team in Melbourne. You are a driven and solutions orientated procurement professional that can effectively execute sourcing events, drive cost reductions, negotiate supplier terms and conditions, manage supplier relationships and collaborate with internal business unit clients to meet the business needs.
What will I be doing day to day?
* Executing the full end to end Procurement process for acquiring goods and services from external suppliers e.g. engaging business unit clients, developing SOW, executing RFx, negotiating commercial terms & conditions, managing supplier selection and achieving fair value
* Identifying and delivering ongoing cost reduction opportunities with suppliers and internal business unit clients to meet the business targets
* Negotiating terms and conditions into supplier agreements that protect IBM's commercial position, risk exposure and brand reputation
* Building relationships with key suppliers to yield productivity, drive innovation and promote collaboration
* Collaborating with internal business unit clients to deliver value-add Procurement solutions and enable external customer wins in the marketplace
* Adhering to business control requirements and performing operational tasks that are central to the Procurement function e.g. documentation, compliance, use of IBM tools for contracts and cost savings reporting, etc.
* Providing the necessary support to the Asia Pacific and/or Global Commodity Leads as required
What skills and experience do I need to apply?
* A minimum Bachelor's degree and at least 2-3 years of end to end Procurement experience ideally within a large IT organisation and a fast-paced environment
* Knowledge of mainframe software including: hardware, professional services, maintenance and life cycle management, data centre, network
* Be able to engage diverse internal business unit clients proactively, negotiate desired positions with suppliers effectively and resolve conflict in a timely manner to achieve business outcomes
* Be a self-starter who continuously seeks out alternatives to deliver an improved solution or value-add outcome and who is comfortable working in a matrixed organisation
* Value personal development and working within a team environment
* Be fluent in English both written and verbal
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0008) IBM Australia Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Full working rights in Australia (Citizens and PR)
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Referral Promo Code
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.