As a OTC Analyst - Cash Applications you'll be able to do the following tasks/function:
· Ensure Customer Payments are applied accurately and timely in accordance with Service Levels Agreements
· Apply receipts to open balances and Rectify processing errors if needed
· Download customer remittance details and ensure customer payments are applied based on it.
· Research any unidentified payment receipts and work with Cash Collectors to determine correct posting
· Maintain a Daily Cash Receipt file to document the processing time for the cash applied payments
· Respond to inquiries regarding payment status
· Create and distribute monthly reports
· Attend Monthly AR (Accounts Receivables) Meeting to discuss On-Account and Suspense Account payments together
· Review and update Desktop Procedures (DTP)
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Fin & Admin Business Analyst
State / Province
Primary job category
(0856) IBM Business Services
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience in performing cash applications and reconciliation of payments
· Knowledge of SAP or Autorek/AutoBank is an advantage
· Experience in Customer Service/AR support or handling customer inquiries is an advantage
· Similar work experience of at least one year especially in a BPO or similar fast-paced setting
· Good working knowledge of customer receipts processes
· Ability to work independently, and prioritize tasks,
· Able to do research on short pays, overpayments, able to work with client to resolve disputes resulting from billing and/or contract issues
· Good problem solving and analytical skills, results-oriented, know when to follow up, and trouble-shooting skills
· Good relationship-building skills and should be a Team Player
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Business Outsourcing Delivery - Fin & Admin
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or other Business-related course
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
The Finance & Admin Business Analyst is essential to the ongoing profitable operations for one of the most globally recognized and respected companies in the world. By overseeing our financial activities, you will enable IBM to continue to bring to market ground-breaking innovations such as Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Solutions, Cloud Infrastructure, and Blockchain technologies, to name a few.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.