This specialty is responsible for monitoring and interacting with consoles for complex computer systems, networks, applications and mainframe systems. They are also responsible for analyzing first level problems for all systems (according to the service agreements), resolving and routing as appropriate, supporting the Systems Management Processes specific to their client requirements, performing I/O (tape and print) duties where appropriate and batch management when required.
Your day to day activities will include:
• Monitoring z/OS systems and handling events 24/7 (work on shifts)
• Resolve incidents, improve or innovate outdated arrangements
• Reacting to alerts coming to consoles according existing documentation
• Fixing the existing problem or passing it to a higher level specialist
• Incident, Problem and Change Management documentation creation and updates
• Broad education and development opportunities which include training and/or professional certifications
• Additional 5 days paid time off
• Relocation assistance
• Transparent career path and potential for growth within a leading IT company
• Various benefits/discounts/offerings for sports, massages, financial services and others
You will have the opportunity to:
• Join our Succeeding@IBM Program - a structured onboarding and development program
• Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
• Gain knowledge and develop skills through our world-class trainings
Please, take in consideration, that should your application be successful, our recruiters will contact you within 14 days.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0674) IBM Global Services Delivery Center Czech Republic s.r.o.
Fixed Term - Long Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Fluent English
• General IT skills (advanced user on Windows or Linux OS)
• Either Graduate or student of IT (or similar faculties)
• Interested in gaining experience in multinational organization
• Eager to work in technology area
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Self-motivated and be able to work independently
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Your Life @ IBM
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!