• Actively involved in deployment allocation sessions
• Performs qualitative evaluations of the release packages, including the software release and the documentation and raises non-conformance alerts to developers and stakeholders
• Evaluates the risks connected to the application implementation plans and informs the designated stakeholders on his findings
• Evaluates the feasibility of the deployment plans
• Responsible for documenting all deployment activities, the installation and rollback plans
• Ensures the requirements of the target environment are fully met before installing the application; if not, coordinates the preparation activities with other parties (infrastructure, development team, other support teams)
• Ensures the service level agreements for the production environments are met by executing the deployment activities according to the agreed time schedule
• Deploys the application and performs the pre-agreed list of sanity checks
• Attempts to resolve any issues arising during the installation
• Triggers the rollback operations if sanity checks fail
• Informs all stakeholders of the installation status
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0112) IBM Romania Srl
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· A minimum of 3 years of experience
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret and explain technical information
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Good customer facing skills
· English Language: Advanced
· Technical skills:
Active Directory / DNS / DHCP
Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2016
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 / 2012 & T-SQL
Microsoft IIS 7.0 and higher
Experience with FTP/SFTP Applications
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Application Integration knowledge
Basic Networking skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Experience working in a live application management environment
• Experience with ITIL best practices and ITSM operational environments
Secondary Job Category
Eligible to work in country.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world's relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.