We are seeking a dedicated team member interested in working on a great team that is committed to supporting IBM customers across the globe. We are looking for candidates with prior support experience and a strong technical background. The candidate should have demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills in English. The candidate should also be capable of putting the needs of the customer first while being mindful of technical best practices. Your Role and Responsibilities As a Technical Support Professional at IBM you are the first point of contact with our clients. Your main responsibilities are to provide technical support and assistance to clients and business regarding their software issues. We provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye, and the world remains safe because of the dedication our Technical Support has to our clients. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, Technical Support is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Remote Technical Support
State / Province
Primary job category
(0023) IBM Bulgaria Ltd.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 5+ years experience working on z/OS mainframe2+ years experience with CICS, DB2 or IMS system administration
· Knowledge of CICS, DB2 or IMS architecture and components that make up CICS, DB2 or IMS applications
· Experience upgrading or tailoring CICS, DB2 or IMS
· Skill in at least one of the following programming languages: Assembler, PL/I, COBOL and JAVA Problem Determination skills
· Ability to take leading role in Critical Situation resolution
· Ability to work within a virtual cross-functional team (teaming being an essential part)
· Strong communication skills, ability to explain complex technical information in a form consumable by non-technical people and an ability to drill down to customers requirements
· Ability to remain calm under pressure, be well organized and self-sufficient
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Prior experience using Customer Relationship Management tools such as Salesforce or RETAINExperience with debugging tools (e.g. IPCS, Fault Analyzer)
· Experience using dump and trace diagnostics aids
· Experience in USS, TCP/IP, SMP/E, RACF, VSAM, VTAM or other networking protocols.Experience in Language Environment, WAS, SSL, MQ, DevOps
Secondary Job Category
Other Product Services
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.