IBM is opening for an intern position. We are looking for Interns that can join our teams and participate in the execution of our service management projects. In this role, your contributions and new perspectives will be valuable in providing a high-quality user experience to our customers.
- Training regarding IBM as a corporation and IBM Romania - departments & activities
- Soft skills training for certain abilities - communication, teamwork, planning& organizing, presentation skills
- A common session regarding hardware, software and services, and workshops depending on the professional interest of the interns
- Project tasks in the frame of a development project on which interns will need to work together and share information and knowledge with the team members.
- Providing technical support resolution feedback to clients and/or IBM client resolution teams, using business knowledge and procedures learned during the Knowledge Transfer period;
- Communicating action plans to the client or IBM representative, as appropriate;
- Contributing to department attainment of organizational objectives and high client satisfaction;
- Faculty graduate (IT or Engineering) or student in the finishing year
- Good knowledge in Java, SQL (MS-SQL, Oracle, DB2, MySQL), HTML, CSS.
- Understanding of OO programming and design patterns
- Minimal experience in software development (especially in Java/C# language)/database (SQL/Oracle)/infrastructure (Windows, Linux)
- Technical support projects during the studies or entry-level jobs
- Understanding IT solutions and networking
- Time management and prioritization skills are needed, as well as communication skills;
- Pro-activeness and willing to bring innovation forward
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and good communication skills.
- English -good level
-German – nice to have
- The work you undertake during your internship is valued and you'll be given worthwhile, exciting things to do on real projects. This means you can grow your knowledge and develop yourself.
- Through this program, you can build on your existing IT knowledge and skills but you'll also learn a wealth of new skills - not to mention that you'll find yourself working with leading-edge technologies and alongside some of the best people in the industry.
- After 3 months of internship, all suitable candidates will be offered the option of a full-time position in IBM
- Interaction with IBM professionals to gain industry insight and exposure to international projects
- Supportive work environment
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0112) IBM Romania Srl
Fixed Term - Short Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Technical University studies: preferred are Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
• Java, C#, OOP concepts, SQL, Linux, Windows- knowledge
• English language skills: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Minimal experience in software development ( Java, C# ), database (SQL/Oracle)/infrastructure (Windows, Linux, Solaris)/technical support projects during the studies or entry-level jobs
Secondary Job Category
· Eligible to work in the country.
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter the following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy, and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio, and world-class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.