The Client Success Manager (CSM) provides a pivotal role in delivering one of IBM's key practices – being essential to our clients. The CSM is responsible for ensuring that the IBM client(s) they work with are getting the most out of their relationship with IBM. To this end the CSM is responsible for ensuring that IBM Storage Software customers are successful in the deployment of and the use of their IBM Storage solutions. This will result in increased customer satisfaction, retention, growth, and reference-ability.
This person will have excellent domain, oral and written communication, relationship management, issue management, and time management skills; will be a creative problem solver; and will be very effective in teaming with a broad range of colleagues across IBM.
The primary focus will be on the IBM Modern Data Protection & Cyber Resiliency storage solution – Spectrum Protect and Spectrum Protect Plus. Knowledge and scope to other IBM Storage solutions including, Spectrum CDM, IBM Tape, IBM COS, to name a few, will be required in addition and based on client needs.
The CSM role's main focus is to: to have technical knowledge of IBM Systems technologies and to be a project manager for the client for all their IBM needs. This is includes but is not limited to; tracking and reporting on PMRs, scheduling lab services or TAs, liaising with client BP, scheduling solution update meetings, helping to create and track RFEs, ensuring currency for client in IBM Systems offerings and updates, etc... They are a client advocate inside IBM.
The CSM achieves these objectives by providing the following services to his/her assigned customers:
Best Practices and Customer Health:
· Monitor the health of assigned accounts and drive a set of actions to help ensure client usage growth.
· Monitor customer usage, feature adoption, and overall health
· Understand customer business strategy and business case, and drive alignment between customer objectives and IBM capabilities
· Leverage and utilize the Client Storage Assessment (CSA)
· Develop a “success plan”, a plan of action to help ensure customer success and satisfaction
· Build and sustain relationships with stakeholders and decision makers in assigned accounts
· Establish regular contact with key stakeholders and become a trusted advisor to assigned accounts
· Communicate status at executive levels inside client and at IBM
· Monitor customer satisfaction
· Drive to be client reference
· Serve as an escalation outlet and ensure critical client issues are addressed by the appropriate IBM teams
· Work with Sales and Services to understand client expectations and to successfully transition into the client success model
· Drive action plans around accounts that are at risk of non-renewal
Product Enhancements and Feedback:
· Educate clients on the offering strategy and roadmap
· Ensure that assigned clients leverage new features as appropriate
· Ensure clients are aware of any changes to offering related processes and
· procedures including operational and business management changes
· Solicit client feedback on product features and capabilities
· Provide input to Development and Product Management regarding offering strengths and weaknesses
· Introduce and advocate client usage of the RFE process, client influencer programmes, and beta programmes
Events and Program:
· Encourage participation in global and regional user events; leverage online and in-person customer events to share leading best practices
· Drive attendance and speaker participation in regional and global user events
· Leverage executive relationships to drive participation in our Customer Advisory Boards and ‘CXO' studies
· Drive customer participation in Marketing webinars and lead gen programs
· Contribute to knowledge bases, white papers, webinars and other programs for capturing and sharing best practices with all clients
· Represent IBM's domain expertise online –in IBM and industry communities, web publications, blogs, social media, etc.
The Client Success Manager is accountable for:
· Technology Renewal
· Client Project Management
· Client Satisfaction
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0483) IBM Ireland Product Distribution Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· BA or equivalent preferably in Business and ICT
· A passion for customer service and relationship building
· Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing, results-driven work environment
· 3 – 5 years' experience in customer service, consulting, marketing, and/or sales
· Experience commensurate with size and complexity of assigned client(s)
· Must have Native or Fluent German as well as business level English
· Technical Aptitude to understand the IBM Storage portfolio and Spectrum Protect in particular
· A great IBM "fit" - customer and team-focused; delivery-oriented; high energy; and values honesty and integrity.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· BA in Business and ICT
Secondary Job Category
Eligibility to work in Ireland
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Globally our sales teams have a competitive advantage to sell some of the world's most innovative IT solutions. They also have many fortunate opportunities to interact with clients in a wide array of fields & benefit from some of the best training in the world to help grow careers and gain exposure to international clients.
We are currently seeking a number of Client Success Managers to join the team in Dublin.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX,Littleton MA and Dublin Ireland. Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.