· Collaborate with architects for defining and validating the architecture and the software design of the components and modules that have to be implemented on the platform.
· Design and implement components and features of the web UI using various front-end technologies, languages and frameworks.
· Define together with the back-end engineers the REST APIs for the features of the services being built using JSON format (input and output) and implement the processing of the API related data.
· Use various tools for building and deploying the developed features into the micro-services architecture using Docker containers.
· Write unit tests and work with QA engineers for defining end-to-end test cases and helping with the automated testing for the system.
· Collaborate with product managers and business analysts for understanding, refining and estimating the functional requirements of the system captured in user stories.
· Collaborate with the UX team for understanding and refining the UI visual design and the user experience of the features built.
· Collaborate with all the team members by using an agile process with related practices
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0804) IBM Business Transformation Center, S.r.l.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 7-8 years of experience as a software developer building enterprise class software products.
· Proficiency with building responsive web pages with HTML5, CSS and related frameworks (Bootstrap, Materialize, Carbon).
· Knowledge and experience with consuming and building RESTfull APIs using JSON data and best practices related to their implementation.
· Knowledge of general software architecture and software design concepts and experience of applying them in the development of commercial software products.
· Some experience with software applications built on the micro-services architecture and related
· tools and technologies.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Advanced architecture and software design knowledge, design patterns and best practices for performance, reliability and optimization.
· Experience writing unit tests and other UI automated tests with various test frameworks (like Jasmine, Karma, Protractor)
· Some experience and interest in UI Design and UX concepts.
· Experience with the micro-services architecture, software containers and related technologies (Docker containers, Docker Compose, Kubernetes).
· Some practical working experience with cloud computingtechnologies (like VMware) and APIs for public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and/or Softlayer.
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Referral Promo Code
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.