· Roll up your sleeves to get things done
· Deliver intuitive and human-centred solutions
· Permanent position, based in Auckland IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action.
IBM welcomes, includes, values and respects everyone. We celebrate diversity in all forms. Our culture is rich and intentionally inclusive.
We are on the hunt for an Experience Consultant to join the IBM iX Studio in Auckland. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you'll tackle complex, business challenges alongside other builders and thinkers from different backgrounds in AI, IoT and robotics, quantum and blockchain.
What will I be doing?
· Responsible for designing and implementing solutions to help clients to solve business problems, typically focused on customer experience strategy and enhancement, digital transformation and innovation.
· Focus on ensuring the success of your team and client, with an ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and share/incorporate feedback
· Incorporating design thinking and creative approaches (e.g. prototyping) to problem solving and strategy formulation
· Work with large and complex data sets to develop actionable insights, leveraging modern tools such as SAS, Python, R, Stata and SQL.
What skills will I need?
· Quick learner, enthusiastic, detail-oriented and collaborative
· Mental curiosity to question, research, clearly define problems, and work out innovation solutions
· Passion to understand the applications of emerging technologies and adapt modern approaches and innovative solutions to client problems
· Strong problem-solving capabilities, including the desire to take ambiguous problems and deliver creative and well-structured solutions; as well as applying deep analytical skills to ensure recommendations are informed by data and insights
What experience do I need?
· 2+ years of experience in modern marketing optimization, sales optimization, service optimization, ventures and partnership development, product management, supply chain management, organizational design, operating model design, performance management
· 3+ years of experience in consulting, in a start-up, or other business environment
· Experience incorporating design thinking and creative approaches (e.g. prototyping) to problem solving and strategy formulation
· Industry expertise in Financial Services, Consumer Packaged Goods, Telecom, Media & Entertainment, Retail, Travel & Transportation, Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Chemicals & Petroleum, or Electronics (preferred) Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0099) IBM New Zealand Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Referral Promo Code
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.