IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
As a member of the Cloud Shared Services (CSS) program, the Enterprise Operations Center (EOC), the Customer Service Representative (CSR) is the First Point of Contact (FPOC) for all customer-reported issues. The CSRs answer all customer-facing phone queues, accept and respond to all customer emails. CSRs own all requests ticket types. CSRs address all inbound phone calls, maintaining appropriate phone Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) coverage for all queues at all times. They also handle issues reported via customer portals and will support projects and customers within the IBM CSS program. This position focuses on monitoring the enterprise IT infrastructure such as:
· Cloud and Physical Servers running various OS types (i.e. Windows, Linux)
· VMWare environment and associated tools
· SAN, NAS and associated storage hardware
· Backup hardware and software
· Network Switches (Cisco, Arista, NSX)
· Network Load Balancers (A10)
· Firewalls (CheckPoint)
· SolarWinds Customer Support Representatives (CSR).are not expected to know all the listed infrastructure, but experience with at least one or two is desired. This position is considered an IT entry-level position, however there is potential for growth opportunities within the larger CSS organization.
The position will require day-to-day monitoring of the operation of the enterprise IT solutions as well as performing initial validation and troubleshooting, following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)s and Run Books. The EOC is also responsible for following the Incident Management process which includes acknowledging alerts/alarms within defined service level targets as well as communicating outages and updates during incident remediation. Responsibilities will be to monitor and maintain all aspects of the solution, to include on-going documentation, maintenance and continuing optimization of the procedures to provide robust operations oversight. This is a 24x7x365 position requiring rotating shift support as well as a US Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
Work location: Dallas, TX, Raleigh, NC, or Boulder, CO
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
· https://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/50744.wss CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
· Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
· Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
· Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Auto req ID
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Support Professional
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience in monitoring and troubleshooting Information Technology systems in a Data Center – 1 year
· Ability to communicate (both orally and written) effectively to various audiences
· Ability to follow documented Standard Operating Procedures
· Ability to follow documented Incident Management Process
· Ability to work within a ticketing system, updating and creating tickets
· Excellent teamwork skills
· Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance – (Must be able to obtain within 180 days)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
One or more of the following skills:
· Experience administering networks – 1 year
· Experience with Cisco switches – 1 year
· Experience troubleshooting storage or backup issues in a large environment – 1 year
· Experience troubleshooting SAN or NAS issues in a large environment – 1 year
· Experience troubleshooting VMWare issues in a large environment – 1 year
· Experience working in an enterprise cloud operations environment – 1 year
· Ability to create formal documentation for systems administration, operations, and maintenance
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
· US Citizenship
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
US Citizenship required.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.