IBM is a global cognitive and cloud company changing the way the world works. We foster a culture of creative, innovative thinkers; people who are curious about how technology can transform businesses and impact the world. Our consultants are part of IBM Services where we engage with clients across every industry to deliver technology-driven solutions. We cultivate a diverse, inclusive, global team of people who want to pioneer, reimagine and disrupt the future. We're driven to stay ahead in the marketplace and enhance our relevance to be essential to our clients, and this begins with our talent.
Here's where you come in. We're looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning and is dedicated to staying ahead and being essential for clients, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash your potential, IBM Services is for you.
As an Associate, you'll be a part of client-facing teams as a consultant, developer, designer, data scientist, or technical specialist to help businesses change the way they work.
Our clients' technical and business needs are constantly evolving. We're hiring inspired, talented individuals eager to apply their knowledge and perspective to challenging work that evolves industries and our world. We prioritize ongoing learning, development of technical skills, and continuous personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and apprenticeship.
Job role description: Associate Application Developer
We're looking for a real-world problem solver with the technical savvy to make the impossible, possible. As an Associate Application Developer, you'll help design, develop, and integrate solutions using future-looking technologies, techniques, and products our clients demand today. You'll work with clients, finding solutions to major challenges by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment.
Work you could do as an Associate Application Developer:
• Define, detail and scope the technical requirements into solution architecture and drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
• Design, develop and/or re-engineer application components, and integrate software packages, programs, and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms.
• Support Technical Consultants and lead in building solutions and providing technical mentoring and guidance
· The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our East Lansing center (aka: we work in a traditional IBM Agile office setting).
· Travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel approximately 50% of the time.
· You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, MICHIGAN. The work location is 195 Crescent Rd, East Lansing, MI 48823 This is not a work from home position.
· Our Motto: Right Time, Right Place, Change the World.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Retirement Planning. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
· Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
· Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
· Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Demonstrated programming proficiency and experience with 1 of the following (Java, C++, Python, Linux, Scala, R, SAS, SQL, Hadoop, HTML, SPSS, VBA, Tableau, Spark, Angular, ReactJS), as well as systems design/development, and information technology course work
• Exposure to web services, API and multiple Java application frameworks highly desired
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
• Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment, using agile development techniques
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Awareness of key software development life cycles (Waterfall,Agile, SCRUM etc
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science a plus!
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
New Collar Role
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.