Are you passionate, enthusiastic, forward thinking, and looking for a challenging role? The Hursley Emerging Technology team within IBM Research is looking for outstanding people to join our fast paced vibrant team, focused on rapidly developing research technologies into more mature solutions for maximum impact.
We are looking for experienced and passionate developers to work alongside IBM Researchers and Engineers on state-of-the-art crypto technologies. Your first substantial project will be building new software infrastructure and functionality for Homomorphic Encryption, working with clients and other global research teams to take this technology to market.
You should have a proven track record of technical development and delivery and be confident to apply these skills in new environments and programming languages. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of modern C++. You will be working on new technology prototypes with an interdisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, and designers.
You will be comfortable talking to end users and business owners, to understand and help solve their problems or advance their solutions. You will be working on solutions that can be delivered given available resources, and capable of working with evolving specifications and requirements.
Our team has a very flat technical and management structure and there will be plenty of opportunities for you to grow your own skills, both technical and personal.
Examples of Emerging Technology research and development are here –
· Track record of innovation, patents or research publications
· Experience of using or developing Machine Learning technology
· Experience of developing and deploying applications using cloud based services
· Knowledge of or interest in the Homomorphic Encryption Library (HElib) ( http://shaih.github.io/HElib/ )
· Knowledge of or interest in the Number Theory Library (NTL) ( http://www.shoup.net/ntl/doc/tour-intro.html )
· Knowledge of HPC, multi-threading programming and techniques
· Knowledge of agile methodologies and test-driven development (TDD)
· Any knowledge of group theory, Galois theory, number theory, statistics, linear algebra, or graph theory
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Advanced programming skills using higher-level programming languages C/C++ or Java
· Extensive experience developing, testing and supporting production quality code
· Capable of adapting to different teams and working styles
· Capable and willing of learning new technologies quickly and independently
· Willingness to understand the mathematical elements of solutions, problem solving attitude
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience working across science, engineering, and design teams
· Full stack software development experience
· Experience of converting a business problem into requirements, a design and project plan
· Experience of security or cryptographic systems
· Ability to understand complex mathematical algorithms
Eligibility to work in the UK and EU
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire