As EMC SAN Administrator, you will be involved in L4 level Storage Management services and product support for various EMC Storage Arrays - namely Clarion, Symmetrix and DMX, VMAX, VMAX3, XtremIO supported storage solutions across various accounts.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
· Adopt the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements.
· Root Cause Analysis preparation and meeting Service level agreement for submission.
· Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities such as backup/restore, performance tuning and configuration of environments as well as incremental backups as required.
· As a Subject matter expert, you will provide direct technical support as needed in the planning, coordination, installation, and implementation and testing of releases, upgrades, or changes to IBM SAN products and Switches.
· Diagnose Storage products and related product issues and follow up with root cause analysis.
· Participate in Disaster Recovery, planning, Changes, Upgrades, Implementation and tests as scheduled.
· Primary on call support for Storage and associated switch products.
· Support for technical consultation and inquiries from the other IT technical teams
· Support for new product installation and evaluation as needed.
· Problem determination and resolution within expected time frame.
· Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems.
· Lead daily Operations meetings provided there are no P1 incidents running.
· Aid with identifying problem management trends.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Minimum 6 + years of experience in EMC SAN products like EMC SAN, VMAX, VMX3, 20K/40K, Symmetrix, XtremIO and NAS Products.
· Proven experience in storage Administration environment with work management, performance management and implementation.
· Experience in Disaster recovery and Replications.
· Proficiency in upgrading/installing and migrating storage products.
· Experience in Provisioning and Replication (Global Mirror and Metro mirror) technologies.
· Proven experience on the EMC storage functionality and architecture.
· Working knowledge on the following technologies: IBM SAN, Netapp SAN, HP SAN and Hitachi Storage products.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL)
· You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
· Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
· Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
· Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.