A User Experience Designer Specializes in the interpretation and synthesis of research and requirements; to craft stories around intended experiences which connect people in meaningful, enduring ways with our products and services. By organizing the various requirements that need to be threaded together, it is the ability to quickly anticipate, communicate and influence what the user will see, hear or touch within a given experience that will contribute to the crispness of a story. It's not simply understanding all user touchpoints and detailing the potential outcomes, it is about creating experiences and solutions that are valuable, effortless and enjoyable and successfully communicating those intentions to the business team and technical teams. The anticipation and evaluation of various interactions are explored and managed through various iterations and will contribute to the most beneficial experience for a user. Communicate the intended experience through the delivery of artifacts such as concept maps and models, storyboards (wireframes), interaction hierarchies, taxonomies, pattern libraries, workflows and design specifications.
As a member of the zManage Design team, you will be leading a breakthrough project we are embarking upon. This project is aimed at delivering a cloud native experience for Developers on the mainframe. We desire to delivering exceptional user experiences for our customers. We want to utilize new technologies that make sense for our clients/users. There is deep focus on portfolio simplification, modernization and integration across our product set.
· Understanding user needs, and exploring user-centered designs
· Collaborating across the design and development teams to explore new ways to present and manipulate information.
· Collaborating with product owners and technical owners to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction and experience
· Creating wire frames, story boards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
· Leveraging modern tools and techniques to develop highly usable UX Designs that meet and exceed client needs.
· Identifying and addressing UX design issues from clients, developers, service and support personnel.
· Actively participating in design sessions: empathy mapping, user feedback sessions and end of sprint demos/playbacks.
· Coaching, educating, and advocating UX Design best practices
· Exploring new/emerging UX capabilities to be used in our software products.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0030) IBM (China) Investment Company Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Able to focus on design detail and ascertain user value and impact as part of their software experience
· Creative, curious, questioning, open to take and provide critique and have a ton of initiative
· Experience solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions
· Demonstrated ability to create interactive prototypes (Axure, Invision)
· Demonstrated ability to tell a meaningful story about the user and great presentation skills
· Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate alternative approaches
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional