We are currently looking for an experienced network Engineer for our Hybrid Cloud Telco CloudPak team.
The CloudPak for Network will provide a comprehensive services design, testing and automated orchestration solution that address the challenges and complexities of the Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) paradigm. It enables automated operations by managing the end-to-end lifecycle of virtual network services, from release management of 3rd party virtual network functions (VNF) software packages right through to the continuous orchestration and monitoring of running VNF and Service instances.
The architecture is based on a set of open containerized micro services built on secure proven technologies (Cassandra/Kafka) integrated with Red Hat technologies like OpenStack and OpenShift.
· Interact with our OEM-in partner, who own a portion of the capability development and L2/L3 support, for scheduled drops and technical clarifications of content and configuration changes.
· Work closely with our Netcool Dev team to include their assurance capabilities.
· System Integration and Repackage/Rebranding work and go to market activities for our GA releases.
· New Roadmap functionality to address client requirements.
· Drive the adoption of IBM Cloud Private (ICP) and RHOSP.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
LONDON, CITY OF
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 5 years of work experience in a telecommunications environment or customer services and support on 2nd Level, Planning & Design or Build activities
· Knowledge and experience of Telecommunication networks, from service and application layer to backbone
· Knowledge of cloud technologies, virtualization, different hypervisor products, e.g. RedHat OpenStack, KVM, Hyper-V, etc. associated management software.
· Linux working knowledge (file system, bash scripting, crontab)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Knowledge of Packet Core (EPC), IMS & VOLTE architecture.
· Good knowledge of operation and troubleshooting of EPC Core Nodes: SP GW, DNS, PCRF, CGNAT, MME, CGF, Optimization, FW, CDN, Analytics, CGNAT Collector
· Good knowledge of operation and troubleshooting of main IMS Core Nodes SBG, CSCF, HSS, MTAS, MGC, MGW, DNS, MRF, etc.
· Deep debugging knowledge, project implementation and network configuration
· Competence with server/networking hardware of several vendors, e.g. HP, Dell, Extreme, Cisco, EMC, etc.
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.