- As a software engineer, you will be expected to demonstrate solid conceptual and technical skills as you develop, implement, and eventually help to run core infrastructure components to back IBM Securities cloud portfolio of products
- You will design, build and automate solutions for running mission-critical, scalable workloads based around the Kubernetes container orchestration platform and ecosystem
- You will work with product owners to implement new components, and new features in existing components
- You will help your team support and run your services in production in a DevOps oriented fashion
- You will work with other products and teams in the IBM Security division to help them utilise and develop against the platform components you build.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
English Fluent (verbal and written)
Professional experience developing in Java
Experience in one or more of the following: Ruby / Python / Go
- Experience working with Linux OS
- Experience in agile software development methodologies
- Experience developing microservices based platforms based on RESTful APIs
- Experience developing in a service-oriented Cloud environment
- Willingness to take ownership of your code you build it, you run it
- Ability to work with other geographically dispersed teams
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Experience with cloud infrastructure and orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Ansible
- Firm understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies.
- Knowledge of secure software engineering and best practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of networking protocols and principles
- Interest in Cloud computing, Internet of Things, Internet/Network Security
- Demonstrated understanding of the twelve-factor cloud native app methodology is a plus."
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Belfast based role.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.