Main Responsibility Areas
Candidates applying to this role are expected to be self-starters that have a desire to grow their skills within the Procurement discipline of the supply chain. During the first year (approx.) the individual will learn the basics of IBM's procurement processes in support of our Stakeholders. This is an excellent time to hone negotiation, system and contract skills while dealing with the IBM internal clients/stakeholders. Candidates will also build their supplier relationship skills as they interface on an ongoing basis with various suppliers to fulfill IBM's requirements. Once the candidate has established a solid understanding of procurement and the necessary communication skills, then the opportunity may exist to further develop down the road in the IBM Procurement Services (IPS) area. IPS is IBM's revenue generating portfolio on accounts where IBM Buyers actually perform Procurement related activities for Customers at the customer's own location(s). This outsourcing of a company's procurement work to IBM, provides them with the ability to leverage IBM's buyer skills to drive savings for their own company. It also provides excellent career opportunities for procurement professionals.
The following outlines the specific tasks associated with this role which is performed out of Sofia's centre during North American time schedule.
· Assign all AT&T / Bell Work Requests to appropriate Buyer
· Verify all non AT&T / Bell Work Requests prior to assignment
· Release all Change Orders created by Buyer to appropriate Vendor contact person
· Verify all Change Orders created by Purchased Telecom Services prior to release
· Perform proactive verification of AT&T GeCep requests and complete approvals POs
· Perform the related Operations Buyer function for any H3 POs
· Create and post reports for expired / expiring contracts
· Perform Telco community administration Utilize Agile methodologies and leverage the use of tools such as ZebHub, Mural, WEBEX etc.
Previous experience in Procurement or Supply chain background is an asset. Candidate should have good communication skills for both verbal and written communication in English.
15-23h Sofia Time
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0023) IBM Bulgaria Ltd.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
The preferred candidate would possess:
• Excellent language skills in English language,
• Romanian language will be considered an advantage
• Experienced Buyer with a good understanding and appreciation of contracts;
• Sound commercial judgment and strong negotiation skills;
• Excellent communicator, willing and able to deal effectively with a variety of internal clients and Suppliers at all levels;
• Effective team player. Willing to assist others as/when necessary and able to work to changing priorities and deadlines;
• Able to work on own initiative and manage individual workload
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Bachelor's Degree
· At least 2 years of experience in supplier relations and commercial negotiations.
· Fluent command of English language
· Excellent business communication skills
· Strong decision-making skills
· Sense of ownership, pro-active attitude, ability to work autonomously, time management skills
· Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
· System knowledge required: MS Excel, SAP Preferred requirements
· Master's Degree in Business/Management
· Experience in Contract drafting and negotiations
· Fluent command of English and Romanian languages
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
New Collar Role
Here are some other vacancies your might like
IBM est leader mondial au service de la technologie de l'information. Ses activités, toujours au service de l'innovation, gravitent autour du matériel informatique, des logiciels et des services informatiques. Fondé en 1911, cette multinationale américaine a son siège social général à New York, aux États-Unis. En France, c'est à Bois-Colombes que se situe le siège depuis 1914. IBM France est aussi présent dans toutes les plus grandes villes françaises (Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Montpellier...) et compte plus de 11000 collaborateurs.
L'entreprise très dynamique et en constante recherche d'innovation recrute régulièrement de jeunes diplômés en stages, alternances, VIE, CDD ou CDI pour être acteur de ce mouvement. La société offre des postes de consultants, de chefs de projet, architectes d'application, ingénieurs systèmes, mais prend également en charge des métiers tels que les ingénieurs marketing ou responsables ressources humaines. Peu importe la carrière que vous souhaitez bâtir, IBM peut vous permettre de vous épanouir grâce à ses nombreuses opportunités à travers le monde.