Do you want to help us transform the way IBM engages with its business partners?
Our team incorporates Design Thinking and cutting edge technologies and practices to design and build signature experiences that make people's lives easier. Our mission is to deliver best-in-class systems and tools that differentiate us from our competitors and help our business partners win in the marketplace.
As an award-winning team, we have been recognised internally for our success and we remain dedicated to continuously improving and growing alongside the London technology ecosystem.
Would you like to work with us in a fun and experimental studio atmosphere?
We are an empowered, co-located team of analysts, designers, developers, and managers located in the IBM London Studio; an exciting collaborative space that promotes togetherness and community. We operate in an open and flat organization where everyone's ideas are valued and we're able to learn from each other.
We are a team that shares; we sometimes share home bakes, we often share jokes, and we always share successes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to influence, impact and inspire change?
You will be working in a cross-functional agile software development team, sharing responsibility for providing the team with clarity of vision.
You are our ideal candidate, if:
· You're an analytical thinker who is passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insights that impact daily business decisions
· You're an effective negotiator who relishes in turning subjective opinions into objective discussions
· You're a strong leader who can define and communicate the meaning of the work we do, and relate it back to business results
· You're motivated by working in a fun and close-knit environment
· You're committed to delivering excellence and becoming a trusted partner of our clients
Our teams work in iterations. Here are some of the activities you can expect to participate in, during a typical iteration:
· Work closely with Product Owners in gathering feedback from stakeholders and users, and use it to elicit business requirements
· Work closely with Product Owners to create powerful and compelling visions for the short-term, medium-term and long-term direction of the product
· Involve designers and developers in the translation of business requirements into potentially shippable increments that the team can work on
· Write user stories that encourage conversation between all parties and promote empathy for our users
· Maintain product backlogs by helping Product Owners to prioritise user stories, and leading the team in backlog refinement sessions
· Aid the team in creating short-term plans that they can confidently and consistently deliver to
· Assist Product Owners in managing stakeholder expectations and creating realistic medium-term delivery plans
· Validate product increments against business requirements, throughout the development process
· Supplement designers and developers with data-informed insights that they need to make smart decisions
· Perform research into processes and technologies that the team does not yet understand
Essential skills and qualities
In order to be successful in this role, we believe you will need to be able to:
· Work effectively as part of a software development team
· Take a complex system or process, break it up into its constituent pieces, and make suggestions of how to optimise
· Analyse a large and complex data set, and generate actionable insights
· Present compelling business cases that influence decision makers
· Analyse, process and present quantitative and qualitative data to a variety of audiences
· Give meticulous attention to detail; you notice things that others miss
· Use excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English
· Demonstrate experience of Agile methodologies, including Scrum
· Exhibit great planning and organisational skills, time management, and ability to handle and prioritise your own workload
· Work to urgent deadlines and manage changing requirements
We take team fit very seriously – we owe it to ourselves, and we owe it to you to ensure that you are going to enjoy working with us!
If you decide to work with us, you will need to:
· Be a highly motivated and ambitious self-starter
· Be driven to achieve the highest levels of client satisfaction, addressing the underlying problem and questioning any assumptions
· Build and foster trusting relationships with clients and teammates
· Have an appreciation of behavioural drivers, and have the awareness required to communicate through cross-organisational boundaries
· Collaborate across both global and local team environments
· Value diversity of thought, and be ready to learn from others every single day
· Take pleasure in working closely with other talented and ambitious people
Qualifications and professional experience
· Minimum of a 2.1 in an analytical degree
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
LONDON, CITY OF
Primary job category
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As detailed in the job description above.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· A business orientated degree
· Behavioural sciences expertise
· Research-orientated background
· Proficient in MS Excel or similar
· Experience in project management
· A good understanding of technology systems
· Certified Scrum Master and/or Certified Scrum Product Owner training
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire