Your role will be part of a software team that works on business application of blockchain technology – focusing on developing solutions for ‘first projects'.
You will have professional experience of developing software solutions, and evidence that they have successfully coached and supported junior developers. You will have some knowledge of blockchain capabilities and will gain a thorough understanding how to solution and develop blockchain applications.
Your role will also involve a significant amount of client contact, such as running demos and supporting early client discussions.
Within this role you will:
· Design and develop applications for business systems
· Proof of Concepts - built using Blockchain technology
· Provide guidance and support to junior blockchain developers
· Support provision of requirements / specifications as required
· Support testing activities as required
· Support proposal & solution creation
· Harvest assets and lessons learned for use in future solutions
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
LONDON, CITY OF
Primary job category
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Architecture Awareness
· Understanding of the Hyperledger Fabric framework configuration and underlying architecture, and some understanding of alternative fabrics
· A keen interest in the opportunities presented by Distributed Ledger Technology
· Experience of Agile / Scrum development practices
· Knowledge of the complete software development lifecycle - through to testing and transition to live
· Some Experience of Golang (or C), Typescript, AngularJS, Java, Databases, Jenkins
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience/understanding of the purpose & practices behind Design Thinking
· Experience of DevOps & preferably continuous integration configuration
· Experience in a client facing role
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.