· Project Location: Swindon
· Salary: Competitive plus benefits
· Travel: flexibility to travel across the UK up to 5 days a week (travel allowance and travel expenses paid)
The Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is a new, innovative and exciting part of IBM. A fast-paced and dynamic business, built to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. Since opening our first UK office in Leicester in Spring 2015, we've significantly grown. We currently have five UK centres, with offices in Leicester, Hursley, Thames Valley (Swindon), and the North (Preston & Newcastle), along with a group specialising in Microsoft applications. All of our employees work in a consultancy environment on a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors. Every project has its own unique working environment - this enables our employees to build their experience, skillset and network.
About the Role
You will work with various projects and clients, working towards client specifications. Your role will involve:
• Analyse functional and non-functional use cases to identify and prioritise test activities, while using appropriate techniques and tools, to design test cases, test scripts and test data that will validate each use case.
• Use the identified tools for test planning, execution and management of defects.
• Creating and executing automated acceptance tests, alongside maintaining the test cases in a shared repository.
• Collaborating with the Product Owner to create and refine user stories and acceptance criteria and ensure the acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
• Be an active contributor within the scrum, providing test input, supporting the scrum master and other scrum members and teams
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(1387) IBM Service Centre UK Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 100% or 5 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
The following technical skills are important:
· Automation testing skills required (preferably Selenium Webdriver and Cucumber)
· Proficient in programming languages (preferably Java) and SQL
· Experience of working in an agile environment
· Evaluation of functional and non-functional requirements for testability and suitability for automation.
· Experience in defining and executing test scripts working with migrated data and interface APIs
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Understanding of SDLC
Secondary Job Category
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. However, in order for you to be eligible for this role, all applicants must hold a UK work permit or visa valid for a two year period prior to applying. Unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship and have no future plans to do so. For certain projects, ideally candidates will be British Nationals with a minimum of 5 years UK residency, preferably 10 years.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
As a Test Specialist at IBM Client Innovation Centre, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level.
Your Life @ IBM
As the CIC is very much an employee focussed environment we are proud of our employee training programmes. As part of the CIC, you will have the opportunity to undertake a multitude of training courses with an extensive range of classroom, e-learning, interactive and video courses. With our support, you will have the opportunity to acquire industry recognised qualifications, gain valuable experience with globally renowned companies and work with industry leading technologies. If you are as passionate about IT as we are, this will hopefully excite you as much as it excites us
About Business Unit
The IBM Client Innovation Centre is an entrepreneurial start-up with the support of the world's largest IT and consulting services company: IBM. The centre has been established to deliver a wide range of the latest technical services to our clients.
We are operating from 16+ locations spread across Europe. This way we are able to meet the technical, language, time zone, and regulatory requirements of projects for local clients.
The first CIC in the UK is located in Leicester in the East Midlands. Following the success of our business as the newest, fastest growing part of IBM, the CIC introduced four new satellite centres to deliver new project activity. Our centres are based in Hursley, the Thames Valley, the North spanning across Preston and Newcastle, with a fifth centre providing Microsoft skills.