Application Developer (C++)Do you want your skills and expertise to make a difference in how the world works - for the better? IBM is seeking keen-minded Application Developers interested in working alongside some of the best IT Specialists in the industry. Application Developers at IBM have a perspective on problem solving that says no one problem, big or small, is an isolated event, but rather part of a much bigger, more complex system.
We are looking for experienced C++ Application Developers to join our exciting public sector team.
As an IBM C++ Software Developer, you'll use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software utilising the C++ language. You'll be responsible for ensuring that company software components are expertly designed, developed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration into IBM's best-of-breed solutions that help organizations improve their business outcomes in the global marketplace. You may also be involved in software support.
You will be a self-starter, have good listening skills, probe for answers, demonstrate your understanding, and draw upon your experience. You should be able to demonstrate how you take creative approaches to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution.
Work Locations: Hursley and Cheltenham
For this role it is required that you:
- Must have been ordinarily and continuously resident in the UK for the past 10 years
- Must be a British National
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Full-time OR Part-time
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Full lifecycle project experience as a C++ Developer, including design, development, test and implementation.
· Experience of and ability to work within UK Public Sector
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent teamworking skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience in / with Agile project delivery methodology and tools.
Secondary Job Category
· Candidates must have been ordinarily and continuously resident in the United Kingdom for the past 10 years.
· Candidates must be a British National
· English : Fluent
New Collar Role
- Application Developer
- Taipei (Taiwan)
- Application Developer
- Singapore (Singapore)
- Application Developer: Java
- Chantilly (United States)
- Application Developer - Oracle Applications
- Mexico City (Mexico)
- Junior J2EE Application Developer
- Budapest (Hungary)
- Software Engineering / Application Developer
- Jersey City (United States)
- Web Application & Backend Developer (SSM)
- Guangzhou (China)
- Financial Systems Application Developer - Portal
- Southbury (United States)
- Athena Application Developer
- Madison (United States)
- Application Developer: C#.NET
- Brașov (Romania)